General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Question about the Apex'i V-AFC

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
theguysmiley is an unknown quantity at this point
Question about the Apex'i V-AFC

Hello all, I just have a stupid question. I know Apex'i is in the middle of updating the V-AFC so that it works better with our Vic's V-tec. I'm just curious as to what will happen when that update is released. Do you have to send in your old V-AFC to get it updated, do they send out an update, or are you pretty much screwed if you've already bought it? I'm just wondering because I'm trying to figure out if I should buy now, or wait for the update. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: theguysmiley
Hello all, I just have a stupid question. I know Apex'i is in the middle of updating the V-AFC so that it works better with our Vic's V-tec. I'm just curious as to what will happen when that update is released. Do you have to send in your old V-AFC to get it updated, do they send out an update, or are you pretty much screwed if you've already bought it? I'm just wondering because I'm trying to figure out if I should buy now, or wait for the update. Thanks in advance for your help. [hr]
the update might be in the wiring last i heard so i think your safe buying it now. I already have mine but im waiting till i get the K20A in there
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

K20A

Thanks for the response, I may buy soon, but don't expect much in terms of performance gains anyway, since my car is completly stock right now . (It does look dang cool though ).
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

K20A

Thanks for the response, I may buy soon, but don't expect much in terms of performance gains anyway, since my car is completly stock right now . (It does look dang cool though ).[hr]
it might be best to wait until you have at least the basic engine bolt ons that way you can tune it to work with them. IMO youll get a better response if you do it that way.
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

Thanks for the advice!
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

Wanger is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: RedDragon333
Hello all, I just have a stupid question. I know Apex'i is in the middle of updating the V-AFC so that it works better with our Vic's V-tec. I'm just curious as to what will happen when that update is released. Do you have to send in your old V-AFC to get it updated, do they send out an update, or are you pretty much screwed if you've already bought it? I'm just wondering because I'm trying to figure out if I should buy now, or wait for the update. Thanks in advance for your help. [hr]
the update might be in the wiring last i heard so i think your safe buying it now. I already have mine but im waiting till i get the K20A in there[hr]

sorry bud but the current vafc will not work with the k20a, it has ivtec and the vafc is designed for regular vtec. read the tech Q&A section on apexi-usa.com

yes i called apexi and they assured me that it's going to be a new wiring diagram and settings. i heard from someone else on this board that called apexi say that the fix should be out sometime this month (feb 03).

Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: Wanger
[hr]Originally posted by: RedDragon333
the update might be in the wiring last i heard so i think your safe buying it now. I already have mine but im waiting till i get the K20A in there[hr]

sorry bud but the current vafc will not work with the k20a, it has ivtec and the vafc is designed for regular vtec. read the tech Q&A section on apexi-usa.com

yes i called apexi and they assured me that it's going to be a new wiring diagram and settings. i heard from someone else on this board that called apexi say that the fix should be out sometime this month (feb 03).[hr]
you know after i posted that i got to thinking and realized that it wont do any good with the iVTEC but oh well i bought the thing before i decided to do the swap
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

Wanger is an unknown quantity at this point
it's all good reddragon, just sell the thing when you get the swap