General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Hello everyone, I m new to the club

Old 12-11-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outlin3r is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello everyone, I m new to the club

Hello to everyone and it s cool to see a community of fellow civic lovers. well for me first post i want to seek some information for my future plans for my car. i just dont know what to add to the engine. i just started learning about cars since i moved down from ny to miami a little more then a year ago but the only think that i knew is that i loved the 7th gen civic. so when i purchased my car like an average consumer i bought what i really didnt want (well at the time i thought i wanted it) well anyways enough boring you people, now to my question i have a civic sedan 2002 lx automatic. now the main question is what can i do to the engine to make it faster. an intake and an exhast i see are the most common add on so i want to know if anyone else knows what exists out there. what are my highest possible hp outputs? things like that. and the last question... i just bought new tail lights for the car and i cant take the lights on the edge off. the ones on the door came off easy but how do i take off the other two?? thanks for you people that took the time to read my post and all answers will be appreciated
Old 12-11-2002
Registered!!

ChEe12iO is an unknown quantity at this point
welcome to the club. i might as well be the first to break you in.

first rule of the club, use the search function
second rule of the club, use the search function
and third rule of the club, if this is the first time at 7thgen.... you must search...

hehehee. aight enuf with the jokes. the 7thgen is not bad. it's a great body and chassis, it's just the powerplant that lacks. now a 7thgen with a k-series is what you want. if you're sticking with our d-series then your best bet is nitrous oxide. get a wet kit, 50 shot, 92+ octane gasoline, and colder spark plugs...preferrably NGK's part number BKR7E is ideal. this is the best bang for your buck. if you get a bottle heater, you'll also put more hp to the wheel on the 50 shot. NX makes good kits at a affordable price. other than that it's going to take a lot of $$$ to make the d-series go fast. start saving for the k-series rsx-s or rsx-r engine and swap it in a few years.

i think that covers everything... what does everyone else think?

happy modding!

oLee
Old 12-11-2002
Registered!!

orso is an unknown quantity at this point
hello. glad you came to the site
Old 12-11-2002
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
[hr]Originally posted by: Outlin3r
the main question is what can i do to the engine to make it faster...and the last question... i just bought new tail lights for the car and i cant take the lights on the edge off. the ones on the door came off easy but how do i take off the other two?? [hr]

WELCOME...
For question 1, There not a whole lot you can do yet
For question 2, The rear bumper has to come off before you can remove the outer tails

LATER
Old 12-11-2002
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the site
Old 12-11-2002
Registered!!

keffin will become famous soon enoughkeffin will become famous soon enough
welcome!!!!!!!!

im from miami too!
my name is kevin!

there are a lot of nice people here...and a lot of nice people from 305 and 954...hope to see you at our next meet!

check for time date and location on the "South" forums...
if you ever need anything...hit me up! ksele001@fiu.edu
Old 12-11-2002
Registered!!

keffin will become famous soon enoughkeffin will become famous soon enough
wait...new tail lights????

I HOPE NOT ALTEEZAS...cause the are GAY!
NO ALTEEZAS!
Old 12-11-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: FALKEN
the main question is what can i do to the engine to make it faster...and the last question... i just bought new tail lights for the car and i cant take the lights on the edge off. the ones on the door came off easy but how do i take off the other two?? [hr]

WELCOME...
For question 2, The rear bumper has to come off before you can remove the outer tails

LATER[hr]
Welcome to the forums.

As for the taillight issue..if you get under your bumper, you can see the corner lights attached to a bracket which is attached to the bumper. You can take off the light without taking off the bumper, but it is a bit more difficult.

-Kre
Old 12-11-2002
Registered!!

nytejade is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome. There's a lot of info on this site you just gotta search for it. Some really helpful people also. : )

Good luck with your car.
Old 12-11-2002
Registered!!

01SOHCcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd take off the rear bumper if I were you Krepoort's idea I tried and I had a very very hard time.

Just removed the bumper its not hard
there are 2 black tabs in the center of the bumper(just look you'll see wtf im talking about)
then pop your trunk and right beside the inner tails are 2 black tabs that you pop open then use the right size nut to take that sucker off
then remove the screws in the fenderwell then your set.

Sorry if I don't make sense Im pretty tired but If you still need help PM me

and btw if you do get what im talking about get a friend to help you because taking it off by yourself is going to be real hard( I learned the hard way I tried to take off my rear by myself and the rear just dropped to the ground because yea im a dumb.***)

BTW heres a tip if you understand me

when you see those 2 black plastic tabs on the bottom middle(near middle thier are two) use a flap tip screw driver and pop the inner part of the plastic screw thing not the outside(Learned the hardway:nono[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

Hope this helps[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] If it doesn't PM me I'll help you

oh yeah one more thing
taking off the bumper will make your life so much easier
if you decide to do it with the bumper on the good luck
But I don't recommend doing it with the bumper on just IMO
Old 12-11-2002
Hail to the king baby

kjgracing will become famous soon enoughkjgracing will become famous soon enough
changing the tail light assembly did not require me to remove the bumper.

It was about a 15 minute change with a 10mm socket.

Why you guys removing your bumpers?
Old 12-11-2002
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Welcome to 7thgen!!! [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-11-2002
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
[hr]Originally posted by: kjgracing

Why you guys removing your bumpers?[hr]

Because sedans require this...unlike the coupes
Old 12-11-2002
Registered!!

Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point
WELCOME...

LATER[hr]
This guy is an idiot, and for everyone optimistic person like me. There are 20 others that think this car has no potential. Even though you can drop a K series in our car, Hasport just designed the mounts for it. And you can have a custom turbo fabricated for you, or you can hit the bottle. It all depends on how much you want to spend on your car. I think what people on this site fail to realize is you can make ANY car fast (assuming you have the money and time) If your really cheap, just take stuff off your car (seats, interior, ect). The people on this site that think our cars are slow, are the ones with autos who just assume that because its a Civic it should be fast right off the beat (even though its just as fast as previous years). And to say our cars dont respond well to applications is more than a misconception its a flat out lie. So dont let others discourage you. Work on your car, make it how you want it. Remeber that what people say on here is just theyre opinion. I'll be the first admit though this is an excellent source for information there are lots of people on here who know what they are talking about. But agian you need to look at who you are asking questions. Make sure you post in the right spot, and if your not entirely clear ask. You may get flamed, just because there are people who sit here and flame all day who have nothing better to do. But hell its the internet! What do you expect?

- Diemos
Old 12-11-2002
Civicforums Junkie

[hr]Originally posted by: Diemos
WELCOME...

LATER[hr]
This guy is an idiot

- Diemos[hr]

Are you refering to me as an idiot??

Old 12-11-2002
Registered!!

CarpeDiem is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-11-2002
Registered!!

Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Diemos
WELCOME...

LATER[hr]
This guy is an idiot

- Diemos[hr]

Are you refering to me as an idiot??[hr]
Im sorry, I was out of my league here. I dont know you, I was basing it on the fact that you say we cant make our cars fast. Which I disagreed with, sometimes Im a bit to passionate.
Old 12-11-2002
Registered!!

OmegaBlue2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: kjgracing

Why you guys removing your bumpers?[hr]

Because sedans require this...unlike the coupes[hr]
Sedan rear bumper does NOT have to be removed to change tail housings. I had altezza (yes, im sorry) tails and didnt have to remove the bumper, swapped back to stock, and now have the JDM Hybrid tails. Both times i left my bumper on and swapped the tails. The onyl thing i would think helps taking the bumper off is so you dont damage the paint job on accident while working (remote possiblility, i know.)
Old 12-13-2002
Registered!!

Nacho is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the forum homie.... !!!!

Well I have a coupe so as far as the corner lights are concerned I have no idea.... but when it come to HP
I can probably help ya out.

Simple bolt on's.... Headers , cold air intake , cat back with no more than 2 1/4" piping , chip , cold spark plugs will help ya much , and if you have the money ChEe12iO's idea will do just fine...... and other idea's
people ?????
Old 12-13-2002
Registered!!

sumama is an unknown quantity at this point
big deal, so what else is new?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hello everyone, I m new to the club