General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Big Problem plz help

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Big Problem plz help

I was driving tonight and I was driving to my friends house and I was pushing the car a lil bit, then when the car was shifting (auto trans.) it would choke a bit wouldn't shift correctly into the next gear, so i thought maybe a glitch or something, then the check engine light went on. I stopped at a light and when it turned green I accelerate and the car doesnt go anywhere stay there you can hear it revving not too high though and after about 10 seconds the car would go. I'm thinkin transmission problem anyone else know what it might be I'm gonna bring it to honda tommorow
Old 10-23-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
yup ur tranny went bye bye[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
under warrenty still?
Old 10-23-2002
Registered!!

macrossranma is an unknown quantity at this point
yup, tranny gone bye bye, hope u have warranty, and sorry if u dont[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-23-2002
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
That's so funny. My wife drives an 02 LX Cpe and her's is manual and does basically the same thing, only not on a regular basis. I have taken it to Honda and they couldn't replicate the problem so they told me that there was nothing that they could do. I was driving it this morning, and I had the front defroster on and it did it to me again. It just stalls...I push the gas and the tach moves, but the car stalls with the check engine light on. I called Honda again today and b*tched, so they told me to bring it in again and they would do everything that they could to find the problem. It sounds to me like the gear isn't engaging, but I am no mechanic, so don't quote me. Let me know what they tell you!!
Old 10-23-2002
Registered!!

LuZi0n is an unknown quantity at this point
either your tanny or your computer....my old accord did something similiar to that when my computer burnt out. If you smelled any kind of smoke in your car, it might be your comp.
Old 10-23-2002
JJJ
Registered!!

JJJ is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not too bright when it comes to engines but how many miles does it have? could it be something simple like the tranny fluid?? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-23-2002
Registered!!

its leased so i'm under warranty, I'm at about 24,500. Can honda say like you were pushing the car so we wont fix it? BTW how long does it take to fix?
Old 10-23-2002
Registered!!

01SOHCcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: XxJDMCivicxX
its leased so i'm under warranty, I'm at about 24,500. Can honda say like you were pushing the car so we wont fix it? BTW how long does it take to fix?[hr]
Thats a very dumb excuse if honda said that to you
I mean you could of been pushing it while murgeing on a highway they don't know that
Old 10-23-2002
Registered!!

that is not an excuse, unless u have mods on your car thats another thing, if your car is bone stock which i think so cuz its leased, they HAVE TO fix it, dont go so easy on them, give them pressure
Old 10-23-2002
Registered!!

just an inkakte and exhaust everything else is bone stock and if its my tranny that doesnt have to do with my exhaust or intake so that wouldnt matter would it?
Old 10-23-2002
Registered!!

logically it wouldnt matter, but just to be safe before they giving you bs again, change the intake back to stock it only take half hr or less
Old 10-23-2002
Registered!!

can i still drive it? like can i drive it honda its about 15 mins away from my house but i gotta take the highway is that gonna do more damage or should i get it towed?
Old 10-23-2002
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
I happened to me once when I drove an old MR2 stick shift. It was like a stop sign, I stopped and when I shift into 1st gear and push the gas, it wouldn't go anywhere except that the tach is indicating that the engine is reving. At first I thought it was the tranny, but later I found that it is the rear axle that is broken.
I would suggest you try to jack up your car and put it on stands. Make sure it is safe, and then get into gear and push the gear to see if the front wheels are spinning at all (check both sides).

P.S. for those not familiar with MR2, its a mid-engine rwd car.
Old 10-24-2002
Registered!!

nytejade is an unknown quantity at this point
Auto transmissions have little clutches in them for every gear. They're going on your car. You need a new transmission. Do you beat on your car often?
Old 10-24-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like its slipping. Its the linkages between the gears. If it's under warranty or it's leased (you've got both) they should fix it. They can't hassle you for pushing it, you were under the redline right? So you're within the car's operating zone. The car was designed to work at those RPMs. Take the intake off, especially if it's an AEM (it bolts to the tranny housing), and take it in. It should still be drivable if you have to limp it up to the dealer, just don't go hard, be nice and easy and it should get you there.
Old 10-24-2002
Registered!!

its an aem replica so im guess it hooks up in the same place, i didnt install my intake myself but I still have my stock air boxes. Since my car is auto wouldn't it not redline? sounds newbish but had to ask
How hard would it be to put back in my stock intake with no mechanic knowledge?
I don't beat my car often only when I'm in a bad mod and that hasn't been that recently went to the 1/8th track like 2 weeks ago other than that i havent pushed it since then.
But can it actually be caused by the intake or is it just something they would try and pin on me?
Old 10-24-2002
Registered!!

BlueBullet is an unknown quantity at this point
They can't really give you trouble for the intake as long as it is carb approved....Sounds like you need a new tranny though and they are expensive....I would put the stock air box in its really easy just some bolt really....just remember to put the air flow sensor back in...
Old 10-24-2002
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bellz has a spectacular aura aboutBellz has a spectacular aura about
Definately put the stock airbox back in. Plus you're probably gonna catch hell from them when they replace the transmission for putting an aftermarket exhaust on a leased car. They'll probably hold that against you when you turn it back in at the end of the lease. Personally I wouldn't do any mods to a leased car that can't be quickly taken back off.
Old 10-25-2002
Registered!!

I can take the exhaust off before my lease is up i still have till next summer. What can I say that the intake and transmission have nothing to do with each other? anything else cuz i dont know how to change CAI back to the stock one