General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Lower dash removal.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Lower dash removal.

I have a 2002 EX coupe and I want to do a little project that involves removing a lower part of the dash. There's a little part with the cigarette lighter thing, and its just a plasic rectangle. I want to replace this piece (and lose the lighter coz I never use a radar detector or a lighter) with carbon fiber. How do I go about removing this piece? I know there are threads talking about removing the entire dash, but I need to know if there is cutting required and all of that. Thanks.

p.s. - if this is covered in one of those other threads please link me to it coz I must've missed it.
Old 10-14-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
voltron622 is an unknown quantity at this point
Go to DIY Radio Install
Old 10-15-2002
Registered!!

STang57 is an unknown quantity at this point
i went with CRUTCHFIELD's method...which was just to pry it out...all i did was stick my fingers in between the trimpanel that you wanted to remove and the center console and just yanked a lil bit from the bottom. its held on with 6 clips i believe
Old 10-16-2002
Registered!!

DavidCPA is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: STang57
i went with CRUTCHFIELD's method...which was just to pry it out...all i did was stick my fingers in between the trimpanel that you wanted to remove and the center console and just yanked a lil bit from the bottom. its held on with 6 clips i believe[hr]
I installed the OEM keyless entry kit in my LX last weekend and had to remove that lower dash piece. I used a thin screwdriver to get some leverage to pop one of the retainer clips. Don't pry the edge of the piece too much as you will mark up the dash - just run the screwdriver horizontally into the top edge to give yourself some leverage. I used my fingers to pop the rest. I only found 5 retainer clips instead of 6 because I broke one of them looking to pop out the sixth one

-DavidCPA
Old 10-16-2002
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Ok, not that I know how to remove the entire piece, I need to know if the part with the cigarette lighter is a seperate piece pushed in from behind or if its one continuous piece of plastic. The fifth picture shows the place I'm talking about. Also, what, if anything, is behind it?