General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

PLEASE, help if you can

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JKEEZO is an unknown quantity at this point
PLEASE, help if you can

alright, I bought the bolts to replace my two snapped bolts on my header and today i tried to get into the area they originate by going through a million bolts on top of the part where the header connects (block??? i dont know what its called im sorry) Here is a picture of the situation...

alright, what im aiming to do here is to replace the 2 bolts that should be where the red lines are... i think that in order to get to the head of those bolts i have to take off the area circled in green... today i removed all the bolts circled in blue but i found that it was quite a task to remove it all without any direction

Here's the question... does anyone know exactly what to remove in order to get down there, or even better does anyone have pictures or useful information that would help me out
Old 10-12-2002
Registered!!

zero is an unknown quantity at this point
LIke I said in your earlier post. You have to use a reverse drill bit to drill a reverse hole to put a bolt into it to remove it. You can take your head off and you will of just wasted your time. The bolts you snapped off will not come out the way you are thinking of taking them out.
Old 10-13-2002
Registered!!

JKEEZO is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: zero
LIke I said in your earlier post. You have to use a reverse drill bit to drill a reverse hole to put a bolt into it to remove it. You can take your head off and you will of just wasted your time. The bolts you snapped off will not come out the way you are thinking of taking them out.[hr]
... does the bolt have a head on one side? because ive asked and i thought that it did... now, i dont know how the reverse drilling works exactly but i would think that if you were removing the bolt from the outside and the head of the bolt was on the inside you would have a problem...
Old 10-14-2002
Registered!!

xblkcivicx is an unknown quantity at this point
Taking your head off and trying to remove the bolts from inside the block is a very bad idea, it is more work that you would want to do. There are torque spec's on the head bolt's and if you crack a gasket on your head or valve cover then you have problems also you would need to remove your cam etc etc. The best way to do it would be to "tap" the bolts, they make a tool that will remove the bolt once you drill it..