General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

i dont know how you do it

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vesper is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont know how you do it

im in the middle of painting the letters of the plastic vtec thingie with a paint brush and to tell you the truth im ready to kill someone.
i think i would rather shave my ***. this is really fustrating. just thought i would share this with you.
Old 10-10-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

These letters? Use a tiny, stiff paint brush, and testors model paint. It's thick and won't run very much. Take your time and it comes out good.
Old 10-10-2002
Registered!!

yeah thanks i know how to do it. but im just saying i have a.d.d this is driving me crazy.
Old 10-10-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Yes, I know, it is not easy to get it right. It took me about 45 minutes. And they you'll get it back into the car, and find a spot you missed. and you'll have to take it out, and touch it up. It takes patience. And remember to clear coat over it after you're ABSOLUTELY SURE you're done. The clear coat will help keep it from getting easily scratched.
Old 10-10-2002
Registered!!

that i dint know thanks. if i scrached that i would be very ticked off after all this work.
Old 10-10-2002
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
huh. I only painted the letters.....(red)...I just liquid masked some of it off and spray painted the rest..........
a paint brush would suck
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-10-2002
Registered!!

LikeWEEEEEEEEEE is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Vesper
yeah thanks i know how to do it. but im just saying i have a.d.d this is driving me crazy.[hr]
add falls under the catagory or social illnesses, which people do not just get like communicable diseases but rather get by how they live; their lifestyle. other diseases such has heart disease, and cancer fall under this category...where the person can control whether he or she gets the illness. a.d.d. is "all in your head" think you have it and you will, think you dont and you wont. thats my opinion.
Old 10-10-2002
Registered!!

zelman is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: LikeWEEEEEEEEEE
yeah thanks i know how to do it. but im just saying i have a.d.d this is driving me crazy.[hr]
add falls under the catagory or social illnesses, which people do not just get like communicable diseases but rather get by how they live; their lifestyle. other diseases such has heart disease, and cancer fall under this category...where the person can control whether he or she gets the illness. a.d.d. is "all in your head" think you have it and you will, think you dont and you wont...[hr]
I didn't know you were an MD?

I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure ADD can be caused by medical reasons. Of course 90-some-odd percent of people diagnosed with ADD have no real problem (except bad parents), but there are actual cases.
Old 10-10-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
I was thinking of an easy way to do it and I think I found a way. First paint the whole sparkplug cover any color you want. leave it unpainted if you'de like to. Then spray the whole thing with something like 3M's spray adhesive. Or spray on wax or oil or something. Then take the whole thing and turn it upside down on some sand paper and take off the layer of paint from the letters. Then spraypaint it again using whatever color you'de like for the letters. Then clean off the paint from the rest of the cover when it dries. It shouldn't stick since there's that crap underneath. Spray adhesive should work (as long as it's easy to get off). If there's such a thing as spray on wax, then that would be ideal!!!
Old 10-10-2002
Registered!!

DaCurryman is an unknown quantity at this point
add falls under the catagory or social illnesses, which people do not just get like communicable diseases but rather get by how they live; their lifestyle. other diseases such has heart disease, and cancer fall under this category...where the person can control whether he or she gets the illness. a.d.d. is "all in your head" think you have it and you will, think you dont and you wont. thats my opinion.[hr]
A.D.D. is not a psychosomatic illness. It is a neurobiological disorder caused by a chemical unbalance. It's not some tummy-ache you make up. It's actually leagally considered a disability. As for heart disease and cancer, I would hardly say that they only occue because you live your life a certain way. There is a multitude of factors that must be considered when diagnosing these illnesses. And no I'm no MD, but I am a kid that passed Biology and Health classes.

Edit: Here's a site you can read more on: Linky
Old 10-12-2002
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
[hr]Originally posted by: DaCurryman
add falls under the catagory or social illnesses, which people do not just get like communicable diseases but rather get by how they live; their lifestyle. other diseases such has heart disease, and cancer fall under this category...where the person can control whether he or she gets the illness. a.d.d. is "all in your head" think you have it and you will, think you dont and you wont. thats my opinion.[hr]
A.D.D. is not a psychosomatic illness. It is a neurobiological disorder caused by a chemical unbalance. It's not some tummy-ache you make up. It's actually leagally considered a disability. As for heart disease and cancer, I would hardly say that they only occue because you live your life a certain way. There is a multitude of factors that must be considered when diagnosing these illnesses. And no I'm no MD, but I am a kid that passed Biology and Health classes.

Edit: Here's a site you can read more on: Linky[hr]
Yet another example of how this pri<k never knows what he's talking about. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-12-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: DaCurryman

Edit: Here's a site you can read more on: Linky[hr]
heart disease and cancer only occur if you live a certain way. yes genetics play a part in it but if your mother has heart disease you wont automatically get it. it is influenced primarily by the food you eat, stress you take in, if you smoke, etc. these main causes are lifestyle traits.
your body's immune system is killing cancer cells all the time, however when you become stressed (or do certain things to tax your body in a negative manner) the immune system weakens and thus the ability to destroy cancer cells goes down. then the cancer cells multiply. the result...tumor.

edit: you have to take into consideration other factors in your life, not only the stuff that you yourself do. like for example, say you lived under lots of powerlines, and they were proven to cause cancer. you have the choice to move or stay living under powerlines. this is also considered into your lifestyle.

oh and to that *** nookiemonster: if i dont know what im talking about, how about you provide a counter argument. stop just chiming in like a little bitch with pathetic posts like "oh you dont know what youre saying...blah blah blah"
Old 10-12-2002
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
A kid with ADD is a kid who's parents are failures. Here is how to cure ADD; smack the kid. If this does not work; repeat as necessary. I don't buy this ADD bull.
Old 10-13-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: white2K2EX
A kid with ADD is a kid who's parents are failures. Here is how to cure ADD; smack the kid. If this does not work; repeat as necessary. I don't buy this ADD bull.[hr]
yea parents dont have the skills needed for good parenting in this country. it should be that way, just slap the kid around a bit and he'll learn. i dont buy it either, thats why i believe its all in your head.
Old 10-13-2002
Registered!!

CivicRiderCA is an unknown quantity at this point
I went down to the dealer, picked up a bottle of that repair paint...for minor chips and stuff....you know what I mean....anyway, I used that stuff. The paint is good and thick, and it has a built in brush...that way it matched my car exactly... worked very well