General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Shaved Door Handles

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tamn3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Shaved Door Handles

Hi, i'm a newbie to this forum and is very happy to have found you guys, been stuck at clublexus for a while, can't really fix up a lex. Anyways, I am planing on shaving the door handles on my car, do you guys know of a kit that allows you to open the door via remote? and what alternative there is when the battery runs out of the remote? also check this www.decah.net
Old 08-14-2002
Registered!!

BLUENVY01 is an unknown quantity at this point
www.decah.net deals mainly with LAMBORGHINI style door conversions. Shaved Door Handles can be done by most auto-body shop, however you wanna make sure i have it done by a respectable shop who has a good reputation for custom work such as this. the door popper kit can be bought from AUTOLOC for about $200 or so, maybe a lil less. to be honest tho, i have doors shaved, and am using a slightly different door popper system. i bought TRUNK POPPERS and installed them. they work just as good to get our LIGHT doors open. if ur gonna do door poppers on a lexus, ur definitely wanna go with the AUTOLOC kit cuz it has a strong solenoid to pop the heavier doors.
if you have any questions, email me at:
bluenvy@attbi.com

Old 08-14-2002
Registered!!

badcivic2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
you can put a manual overide button underneath the car. I love the looks sweet[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG] but I live in IL so I am very worried about them freezin up it the winter.
Old 08-14-2002
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
please search..
thread 1
thread 2
thread 3
thread 4

one of the best one is AutoLoc. i'm not sure about lexus doors but our door are very light and heard that even trunk poppers would work. as for the battery going dead, i guess you could have a seperate battery to run just the poppers. n as for the link, it has been posted before but good lookin out... its nice to see that people with cars other then a 7thgencivic visit the site. i'm just sorry if we're so biased when it comes to our cars vs others.