General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Crimestopper alarm system for 2001 civic lx (2dr) Please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saiki is an unknown quantity at this point
Crimestopper alarm system for 2001 civic lx (2dr) Please help!!!

I am installing an alarm system in my civic and am having problems getting the doors to lock. they will unlock but will not lock. i am using a color diagram but i think it's messed up or something. everything thing else works but the locking system. I also can't find the wire that goes from the light in the trunk to the front of the car so when i open my trunk the alarm doesn't goe off. if anyone has any ideas, please help me out. also, what wires do i tap into for the headlights and parking lights so i can get them to flashh when i arm the alarm?
Old 08-11-2002
Registered!!

Hondasport01 is an unknown quantity at this point
I did the crimestopper in my lx 2 dr. the lock wire is a white/blue found in a grey connector in the driver kick panel...Look around its there trust me, I almost didnt find it either. The trunk wire you tap is a red wire in a green 16 pin connector in the driver kick panel. the flashing parking light wire is the red and black wire in the steering colum harness. hope this helps, PM me if you need anything else[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-11-2002
Registered!!

Saiki is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for the help, i found that wire for the locking. i have a questio about the trunk wire though, is the harness connected to anything or is it just hanging there. and also does the parking light mean just the rear ones or does it include the headlights also? thanks and i appreciate the help.

p.s. did you do any of the extra stuff like remote start or having it unlock just the driver door instead of both?