General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Trunk: spring shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOHCScreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Trunk: spring shocks?

i tried searching. anyone have a DIY on how to put in shocks instead of those hinges that we have? i putting in 4 12's and i wanna save some space. thanks for your help.
Old 07-24-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
its discretion, basically. there are SO MANY ways to do it, that you basically have free run to tru ANYTHIGN out. there is no one way to do it "right"

the way i did it, was to use a lightweight but LONG throw air shock, others used small REALY STRONG shoks and used that to remove the torsion springs entirely.

I just wanted my trunk to open fully with no mechanical help (me) so my solution worked out great.

if you want, i can calculate the exact strength rods youd need to lift your trunk lid up, but youll need to measure your trunk lid's weight and get back to me [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

you drive a coupe im assuming? sedan trunk is HUGE!
Old 07-24-2002
Registered!!

slammed2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have an Si Veloz (canada) and it came with the OEM spoiler, and i don't like it so much so i removied it and ever since i removed it, the trunk lid flies open all the way to the top, i guess its something to do with a different spring or some weight difference
whatever it is, i sort of like it, coz i dont have 2 touch the trunk when im opening it, but on the other hand it sucks when your closing it, you really have to slam it down...