General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Need a little clarification on a header

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harshfence is an unknown quantity at this point
Need a little clarification on a header

I have done the search and researched the whole header thing, but I want to just make sure that I understand one thing. I have an LX, I just want to know if the EX header will bolt onto the LX. I know all about the differences in the cat-converter, I plan on bypassing a cat altogether so that doesn't pose a problem to me. If the EX header will bolt onto the engine then all I would need is a connecting pipe to the existing cat back exhaust on my LX,correct? I would also have to relocate the o2 sensors? Just for a little clarification. Michigan doesn't do smog tests on vehicles(yet). So, I don't feel that I'm in any danger of being caught. Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 05-24-2002
Support your local 81

bhaz413 is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I have done the search and researched the whole header thing, but I want to just make sure that I understand one thing. I have an LX, I just want to know if the EX header will bolt onto the LX. I know all about the differences in the cat-converter, I plan on bypassing a cat altogether so that doesn't pose a problem to me. If the EX header will bolt onto the engine then all I would need is a connecting pipe to the existing cat back exhaust on my LX,correct? I would also have to relocate the o2 sensors? Just for a little clarification. Michigan doesn't do smog tests on vehicles(yet). So, I don't feel that I'm in any danger of being caught. Thanks in advance for the info. >>

if you wana buy mystock ex header, Private message me. I dont use it anymore, so i figure i could sell it.
Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

HShadow is an unknown quantity at this point
It is my understanding that the DC fits just fine. You can also get that kamakazi(spelling) header. That header is made to fit the LX. Since your not going to run a cat that would be a good way to go.
Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

LikeWEEEEEEEEEE is an unknown quantity at this point
have fun when inspection time rolls around [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-25-2002
Registered!!

Harshfence is an unknown quantity at this point
I was hoping that the DC header fit on the LX rather than go with the kamikaze. Just because I haven't heard of anyone with the Kamikaze yet. If it fits right then I'll get that but if I don' t hear and the DC fits the LX, I'll probably get the DC. I'm not really worried about removing the cat. I haven't heard of any serious talks of getting emissions testing in MI. Thanks for the input.