General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Are JDM and USDM parts interchangable?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostnm3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are JDM and USDM parts interchangable?

Ok im going to replace a few parts that im pretty sure are bad on the car i just bought. The car is a 99 civic ex with an obd1 jdm b18c gsr motor and tranny. I want to replace the idle control valve, the fast idle valve under the throttle body and the vtec solenoid. Right now the car has a sohc vtec solenoid valve that has been having intermittent problems. A few times ck engine came on and vtec didnt work. As soon as i turn car off and back on ck engine off and vtec works. Only did this a few times. Now what car do i need to get a idle control valve and fast idle valve from? A 94 GSR b18c or something else? If someone knows i would greatly appreciate it.
Old 01-05-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Are JDM and USDM parts interchangable?

the jdm motors do have different parts compared to usdm, so im not sure that you can just buy usdm parts and expect it to work. their engines are different over there and alot of times even a motor from the same car as here will work differently (higher compression, needs better gas, different vtec engagement, etc). try to find parts off the same motor type.