General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Help W/Rear Brake Light Bulb Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
splaceca is an unknown quantity at this point
Help W/Rear Brake Light Bulb Replacement

2006 Civic-EX, For the life of me I have tried to remove the screws in the truck holding the truck lining to get at my tai lights. The screws turn like there is no tomorrow but never appear to loosen. There must be trick to this since I have done this before with many other vehicles but alas the Civic is giving me fits. I have three of my friends try and short of trying to ripe out these buggers I was hoping someone who has done this can give some help. These are the original items so it seems silly they are so much hassle.
Old 03-10-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Help W/Rear Brake Light Bulb Replacement

are u talking about the brake light form the tail light, or from the 3rd brake light?
Old 03-10-2009
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

06 EX and up the 3rd brake light is LED. not replaceable. well as far as a bulb goes.

yea if your talking aobut those screw facinors where the screw wedges apart the plastic on the othersidem those can be a real pain. i've rounded mine down with a little sand paper. just enough to hold them in but mone more or less slide in and out now. just use a small flat screwdriver to pry up the screw while your twisting it out.
Old 03-11-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

pretty sure you can pry them out. its like a fake screw. just turn gently without pushing into it. that usually works, otherwise you can prolly pop it out.
Old 03-11-2009
Registered!!

splaceca is an unknown quantity at this point

The question pertained to accessing the bulbs for the rear brake lights. The answer seems to be do not apply pressure when turning. Got two of the three I needed removed out. The other I had to pry out, I have to assume that it got gunked up as this was the first one that we tried to remove. Both of the component parts are straight plastic junk. Thanks to all that replied and the info on the LED on the third brake light.