General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Low Tire Pressure Indicator

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scorvus is an unknown quantity at this point
Low Tire Pressure Indicator

I just got my 08 civic Si yesterday, the night I drove it home, the low tire pressure indicator light turned on and stayed on. I drove to the gas station and filled up one of the tires. Today it turned on again, does this mean I have a flat? I'm hoping the dealer will replace the tire if that's the case.
Old 05-09-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Low Tire Pressure Indicator

lol.

RTFM [read the f'in manual] yes it means you have a flat!
Old 05-09-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

my first thoughts...(sorry if you don't like them)
If you can't tell if you have a flat tire or not, then you shouldn't be driving in the first place...

you can't tell if your tire is flat by looking at it??? ROTFL

you need a computer to tell you that you have a flat tire?

seriously, it may be a sensor malfunction of some sort...Dealer should check it out under warranty.
Old 05-09-2008
Registered!!

Scorvus is an unknown quantity at this point

There is nothing wrong with the tire. Its at the PSI the tires are suppose to be.
Old 05-09-2008
Registered!!

gramps is an unknown quantity at this point

while the factory (manual) for my tires recommends 32 psi, my indicator activates at 33 psi so the dealer filled them to 35 and that's where i keep them.

g
Old 05-09-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

TPMS systems on hondas don't really have anything to do with the pressure...say 32 or 35 or 40 psi......it really likes to see all the tires at the SAME pressure. If one tire dips usually 3-5 psi the light will come on. The TPMS system is now federally mandated for every car made in america after 07'

Set all tires at 32 or 35 psi.....check and set all four. Then drive around for 2-3 blocks & the light should go off. If it doesn't you may have a nail....so check the tires as you set the pressure anyways.....

If the light is ever blinking you have either gone a long time with a low tire or you have a TPMS issue....kinda like a check engine light for your tires.

You should be aware that it is normal for tire's to loose & gain air pressue. Tempature has alot to do with psi swings. Gets cold....lower psi....gets hots...higher psi's.... I set my tire psi usually once weekly......
Tires have been doing this since there invention....it's just now people are aware of it because of a light.

Nitrogen is really the only way you can stabilize this.....but it's expensive
Old 05-09-2008
Registered!!

Wpattie is an unknown quantity at this point

I would recommend checking the owners manual because every company has their own thing you have to do. Like GMC, you have to inflate ALL tires to 40 PSI and then back them all down to 35 PSI all with in a certain amount of time while having the Igntion in the ON postion with out the vechile started.. Yea... demestics... yea... moving on... so see what the the manual says.. maybe call up your dealership or friendly neighborhood tire shop, they could point ya in the right direction