General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Can you install a spark plug wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura about
Re: Can you install a spark plug wrong?

Haha true that. I think I'm gonna do the engine transplant. It sounds like the least can go wrong with that. Then sell the block for whatever I can get it for and save like $4500 from not letting the dealership screw me. Sweet.
Old 03-15-2008
Registered!!

automech is on a distinguished road

Weird about the spark plug. All of a sudden its affects more complicated parts. Sounds like lot of things to do in your car. Sorry bro.
Old 03-15-2008

EXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura about

Thanks man. It totally sucks nizzuts.
Old 05-07-2008

So an update (not that anyone cares) on the car. Got it fixed at a local shop for just over two grand. One of the spark plugs had come loose and rattled around in the cylinder, messing up some of the exhaust valves and stuff. So a machine shop had to clean all that mess out. The car's working great now, except a mild coolant leak. I am pretty sure it's a hose or a clamp so I think the shop I took it to will fix it for free, or at least low cost. Then she should be good to go. This all just goes to show you that you can love your car, always use Chevron, Royal Purple, fuel-injector cleaner every 15k miles and some moron can still ruin it all by either not caring or not knowing how to do the job right. Good grief.
Old 05-07-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

damn dude. That's a no bueno. Glad to hear it's repaired, but damn.
Old 05-07-2008
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

yeah 2K is alot of money...glad everything's working!!
Old 05-07-2008
7th gen old timer.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond repute

wowwww for 2k you coulda kswapped.

sorry you overpayed by wayyyy to much
Old 05-07-2008
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

2k for a kswap?? where?!?
Old 05-07-2008
7th gen old timer.

CivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond repute

lol im sure you can make it happen for 2k if you do it right lol idk im not in the k market but you can get a d17 for dirt y not a k. put some more cash to invest if needed. but after 2 grand and some extra id rather k than 2k and a d17.

but thats just me. i payed 3k for a vq swap. but these motors arent cheap.
Old 05-07-2008
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

^yea i kno what u mean.. damn 3k for a vq huh.. thats pretty good.
Old 05-07-2008
7th gen old timer.

yea i had to get it out of a smashed g35(rearend) but it was worth it
Old 05-12-2008

Originally Posted by CivicHatch9one
wowwww for 2k you coulda kswapped.

sorry you overpayed by wayyyy to much
Yeah that would have been nice lol. But I drive to LA everyday so i I couldn't afford to try some motor swap only to run out of cash and then have no car.