General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

new to retrofit .. question?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrbanhbao has a spectacular aura aboutmrbanhbao has a spectacular aura about
new to retrofit .. question?

i was thinking just getting HID kit but i see all these retrofits and im hella more interested. reading all these other post sorta gave me a clue what parts are needed but there's so many different retrofits it confused me wat parts are needed. i just want to retrofit a tsx hid projector into my oem lamp. what parts i need to purchase ? thanks.
Old 02-09-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: new to retrofit .. question?

tsx projectors pair

d2s ballasts pair (any oem brand like matsushita, denso, panasonic)

d2s bulbs pair. philips 85122+ is best.

thats really all, other than misc parts to fit the projector like screws and silicone. and you may want shrouds and bezels to cover around the projector and make it look nicer. there are alot of those floating on ebay just search for 'projector shroud.' then all you need is to make or buy a wire harness to hook up the ballasts.
Old 02-09-2008
Registered!!

yea that was my next question. how would my retrofit plug in ? where can i purchase d2s ballast , d2s bulbs, and the harnest? i know i have to find the tsx projectors somewhere. hopefully at a wrecking yard. wouldnt they come with bulbs already?

Last edited by mrbanhbao; 02-09-2008 at 01:25 AM.
Old 02-09-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

they may or may not. the tsx projectors take d2s bulb, so you would get that size (also be sure they are pretty new, because if they are over 1000hrs old, the light output will be alot less). then the ballast has to be d2s so it can plug into the bulb to light it up. the only part to connect to the car is the ballast + and - wires. the - wire goes to a ground, the + wire gets connected to a new relay harness with the trigger connected to the stock 12v headlight wire. that way when you turn your lights on, the stock harness switches on the new harness which then sends power directly from battery+ to the ballast+
Old 02-09-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

this is the best place to do all your research

www.hidplanet.com

i would read everything i can over there. A retrofit is a pretty expensive project.
Old 02-09-2008
Living Life Turn After Turn

04civic07 will become famous soon enough04civic07 will become famous soon enough

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/
Old 02-09-2008
Premium Member

and dont forget ebay too lol
Old 02-20-2008
Registered!!

should i trust ebay about this? i heard bad comments about products on ebay.
Old 02-20-2008
Premium Member

well just make sure you know who you are buying for. i got alot of good stuff from there. its the same as what you would get anywhere else.
Old 02-20-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

i bought all my ballast/bulbs/tsx/fx/headlights from ebay. as long as you know what ur buying and the selling and good ratings you're alright.

here a lil advise from the wise:

you need to research alot more on retrofits before you start ur project...and i mean YOU NEED TO KNOW the subject like if you had a PHD in retrofits.

meaning? like teh comonents, styles, kelvin, open/sealing headlights, the tools required...etc

and most of all, you need to have a creative/imaginative imagination....(really)
Old 02-20-2008

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...bs-kelvin.html

yours truly..... you're welcome.
Old 02-20-2008
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

Or for another 275 bucks(?) you can have custom lights do it for you and look good too. It all depends on your own abilities, how much money you have, and what you are expecting for the final result
Old 02-20-2008
Premium Member

yeah thats what im saving up for. i dont really have the time i need to deal with all the cutting, mounting, aiming, harness, etc. i have all the parts tho, i just need someone to do it.
Old 02-20-2008
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

thats why I went with the A4 (Valeo right?) projectors for the tyc. Very easy mount and you can re use the shroud. Should be able to do it in a day.
Old 02-20-2008
Registered!!

wow that link is very helpful.
Old 02-20-2008
Premium Member

Originally Posted by ryox82
thats why I went with the A4 (Valeo right?) projectors for the tyc. Very easy mount and you can re use the shroud. Should be able to do it in a day.
yeah one day if you take your time. i would use silicone to seal it up instead of jb weld if you even need to. usually just the screws will hold it in.
Old 02-20-2008

Originally Posted by ryox82
not really. not all valeros fit the TYC...there are differnt generation TYC projectors that are used....

and its not a perfect fit...
Old 02-20-2008
Registered!!

are there any websites out there that sell you the complete deal? i want the tsx projectors / ballast / wire harness / bulbs / shrouds?
Old 02-20-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

aye sorry to thread jack but my buddy just gave me his entire g35 hid set up for free. besides the fact that i need to retro fit then to fit into my headlight how would i go into wiring these bad boys? he just handed it to me so i got no idea where to start. thanks for any help!!
Old 02-21-2008
Premium Member

best way is buy a universal fog light harness from suvlights.com and use that. or you can make your own.
Old 02-21-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

gearbox is your post directed toward me? lol
Old 02-21-2008

Originally Posted by civicsrcool
aye sorry to thread jack but my buddy just gave me his entire g35 hid set up for free. besides the fact that i need to retro fit then to fit into my headlight how would i go into wiring these bad boys? he just handed it to me so i got no idea where to start. thanks for any help!!
are they the projector ones or the reflector ones?

you would make a wiring harness (or buy) and then plug them into ur wiring harness...

u better go search and learn bout it before you ask questions that have been answered 10000000 times... good luck.
Old 02-21-2008

Originally Posted by mrbanhbao
are there any websites out there that sell you the complete deal? i want the tsx projectors / ballast / wire harness / bulbs / shrouds?
hid planet sometimes has em....but ur best bet is to peice em together...
Old 02-21-2008
Registered!!

hey is this over priced? check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05...mZ200199728486
Old 02-21-2008
Premium Member

wtf? thats only for ballasts and bulbs! omg i almost fell out of my chair. ballast pairs go for around $150 for good ones, and bulbs for around $100 new. so yeah id say its a small ripoff lol
Old 02-21-2008
RHCP0801 is my hero

1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute

just get denso ballasts(140), philips 85122+ (60) bulbs, wire harness (30) of ebay, tsx projectors (140)
Old 02-21-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
not really. not all valeros fit the TYC...there are differnt generation TYC projectors that are used....

and its not a perfect fit...
Well the DIY I saw looked exactly like mine. I am sure it will be easier than electric's TSX
Old 02-21-2008
Premium Member

its not a perfect swap/fit, but they will fit without any cutting. you just cant adjust it so make sure its all aimed before you put it into place.
Old 02-21-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
its not a perfect swap/fit, but they will fit without any cutting. you just cant adjust it so make sure its all aimed before you put it into place.

Yeah I remembered reading that gear, thanks for mentioning it anyways though. I just got the projectors and bulbs today, just waiting for the rest. Hopefully it comes tomorrow!
Old 02-21-2008
Registered!!

haha whooo. good thing i got you guys. hahah

Quick Reply: new to retrofit .. question?