General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Question on a 1990 Honda civic HB Dash

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr.Michael is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Question on a 1990 Honda civic HB Dash

I have a 1990 Civic HB and i would like to convert my dash and door panel in to a 1991 CRX dash and door panel, I was wondering if the swap would just fit right in with out any modifications, Please Help! Thank you

~Mr.Michael
Old 07-19-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Question on a 1990 Honda civic HB Dash

Although I don't know for sure because I've never tried it myself, I don't think something like that would fit right in without modification. I would believe it if someone said that the dimensions are similar or the same, but the shape of it would make it have mounting points different then the oem unit. Usually the parts that are interchangable with Honda that just fit right in are the ones that have the same part number. look up the Honda part numbers for both dashes and door panels, see if they're the same, but then again if they WERE the same, it would just be like replacing your parts with the same parts you started with.
Why do you want to swap these things? Just out of curiosity...