General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

DIY Removing air vents on '01-'05 EL/Civics

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kryngle is an unknown quantity at this point
DIY Removing air vents on '01-'05 EL/Civics

Well I was outside doin some minor work to my EL and decided to remove my air vents so I can clean em. Now I decided to jot down a DIY so everybody who does not know how to do so can finally be let in from the dark.

Tools need: Small flat headed screwdriver.

1. First things first. Take the flat headed screwdriver and place it between the vent and panel like in the pic below. (make sure to start on the left side first because there is a lock slot that keeps the vents in place)

Start maneuvering the screwdriver and vent until it pops out like so.

This is the lock that keeps the vents in place. Only the passenger and driver side vents have these clips.

2. Now lets get to the vents beside the hazard light buttons. For these vents it is important when working on the vent on the left of the hazard light button you start on the left side and when working on the vent on the right of the hazard light you start on the right side.

This step is basically the same as the first step but you just have to play with it a little more then the smaller vents. Again place the small flat headed srewdriver betweent the vent and panel and maneuver it side to side, up and down till it pops out like so

Same step for the right sided vent.

3. Last vent. This step is the EXACT same as step one.

Now your ready to start cleaning your vents and the inside of the air docks.

IMPORTANT: When installing back in the vents located beside the hazard light button, you will need to use the flat headed screwdriver. When putting in the vent on the left, make sure you start on the side beside the hazard light button and use the flat headed screwdriver on the left side of the vent so you can pop it in to play. Vise versa for the vent located on the right side of the hazard light button. Have fun y'all.
Old 06-10-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Re: DIY Removing air vents on '01-'05 EL/Civics

hey thanks...i need to clean those things pretty bad. there dusty and when i try n detail the interior i cant ever get them as clean as i want.
Old 06-10-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kryngle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: DIY Removing air vents on '01-'05 EL/Civics

Man I was dyin to clean these so I fiddle wit it and here it is. Mine are spottless now. U can finally to ur thoro cleanin to em. Im a do this ever time I do a serious clean up to my car.