General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

window tints

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mike21190 is an unknown quantity at this point
window tints

i was thinking about buying a snap tint window kit and installing it myself. im pretty hand but i have never done tints before. im just wondering if its difficult to do and if i do it right will it look good. or are snap tints just a bad idea? any help would be appreciate
Old 05-11-2007
Registered!!

dizbstretch is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: window tints

i believe they are the same thing the professional use to do the tints for you... when i took my car to get tinted, all they did was took the sheets and press it against the windows for an outline and then cut those out and from there apply water or some liquid to the glass and slap the tint film onto it and used a pad applicator to smooth the tinit out and then just left it to dry out for a couple of days.. told me 3days , but i just waited a week for safety... seem pretty easy, but i wanted the warranty behind it in case i have bubbles or blister or get pulled over for too dark and have them remove it for me for free under the warranty...

my advices, if you dont mind not having a warranty behind it, do it yourself... it would be fun, they took about 30 -1hr to complete my car a 2001 civic sedan... nice job thought...

hope that helps
Old 05-11-2007
Registered!!

yea thanks for the help. its the same way they told me to do it. snap tints has a lifetime warranty that covers fading and discoloring and all that stuff but it also covers installation damages
Old 05-11-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Don't do it yourself. Trust me.
Old 05-11-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

^^? wtf? do it bro, go for it. ecspecially if they cover installation damages. let us know how it comes out.
Old 05-11-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i saw some subaru at the last car show with diy tint and it looked like a little kid did it lol. its alot harder than you might think, try it with some cheap autozone tint for fun and you will quickly give up when tint starts to fly around, bend and crease, and as youre putting it on you get fingerprints and goo all over, or it doesnt stick right, haha. its an adventure
Old 05-11-2007
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold

It looks insanely easy when the tint shop does it because they've done thousands of them and probably messed up on hundreds of them when they first started. I tried it on my dad's car and we did an OKAY job on the fronts, but once you get to the rear window, hahaha..... good luck with the defrost lines and all the dirt in the lower corners of the window... oh yeah and preventing creasing and overlap.

Oh yeah... and my dad bought the precut kind.
Old 05-11-2007
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Ya it's not as easy as you think
Old 05-11-2007
All Show No Go Sedan

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Aznnp77 will become famous soon enoughAznnp77 will become famous soon enough

haven't you ever seen those green and blue bubbled up tint on corollas?
In a word, NO!, please don't even try. Trust me, you will be sorry.

Tint is only like 150 bucks. the kit has to be at least 50 or so, I have no clue. I could understand if it was like 500 bucks or more for a pro, but come on now, spend the extra money and get it done right.

I can't believe these people, wtf is wrong with the people encouraging you? Have you done your own tint yourself? Have you seen DIY tint before?
Old 05-11-2007
Registered!!

-SIC CIVIC- is an unknown quantity at this point

It is cheap for a shop to do it, and comes out 100 times better, then if a novice trys it, it's not 'hard', but it does take quite a bit of skill for it to look good.
Old 05-11-2007
Registered!!

ive never done tint before. i see what your saying and i figured it wouldnt come out as good as if i did it but i like the satisfaction of knowing i did it. ill check some prices at local dealers. thanks for the advice
Old 05-12-2007
Registered!!

Hobo075 is an unknown quantity at this point

bout how much would it be to get it professionally done?
Old 05-12-2007
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I have tried to do it on the side windows of my classic
cars and it has turned out pretty crappy. But tint places up here
charge $300+ for tint jobs its stupid. Glad I got my civic done in
Phoenix for $160 for 5% limo tints all around.

Yeah if you can get a tint job for $150 thats pretty good.
Plus the warranty is golden if you have legal tints like they
told me hehe..
Old 05-12-2007
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

Don't do it yourself... My brother installs tint professionally on banks and office buildings and he did his car himself and said it was way harder than the thought it would be... Just suck it up and get a professional do it so you don't mess it up and make your car look cheap