General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Tint question

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ArjoonKumar will become famous soon enough
Tint question

I got tint today. the saleman dood was saying how long i cna't open my windows for but, i got a fone call when he said that. So i don't kno when i can open my windows. So, How long until i can open my windows w/o ruining the tint?
Old 03-31-2007
Registered!!

Killer_2006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Tint question

48 hours (2 days)
Old 03-31-2007
Registered!!

thanks
Old 03-31-2007
Registered!!

lewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura about

they say 2-3 days, which is what i normally try and do (had to tint windows 3 times now), but there's been times when I forgot and rolled down the windows after only a day and no damage was done.
Old 03-31-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

SImple ... If you have Power Windows .. ENGAGE the LOCK with a Post-it sticker on it :-p and If you have Manual windows :-D CHop your Left Hand :-d

Either Case USE THE AIR CONDITIONER and u wont even have to take care of what I wrote Above :-d

Smart Choices ... I know :-)
Old 03-31-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i was told one week. but a few days should be fine. it needs to dry completely and all the air bubble need to stick down. better to wait. and dont clean em for at least a week. then only use water and then a dry cloth to wipe the residue off.
Old 03-31-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

yea i would wait a week just in case. it also depends on the quality of tint. some cheaper shops can let you roll ur windows down sooner or longer and vice versa with a better quality shop. just wait like 4 days and enjoy your a/c. I live in florida so if i had to do it in the summer under 96 degrees then you can too. and liek ^^^ said aboutthe cleaning..yea thats right. dont f around with window tint u might regret it
Old 03-31-2007
Registered!!

redrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura about

I was told, when I did mine, to (like previously stated) run air on the windows all the time and turn the rear defrost on all the time!
Old 03-31-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

hmm really, im afraid to use rear defrost cause i heard it will cause the film to separate over time.
Old 04-01-2007
Registered!!

EggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enoughEggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enough

I just got mine tinted. The shop told me not to clean for at least 3 days only got the rear 3 done so no worries about rolling them down. The manual they gave me said a good cleaning solution is 1/2 oz dish soap with a quart water and the tint guy said baby shampoo with water works well too. Also stressed about not using products containing ammonia ie windex
Old 04-01-2007
Registered!!

I3ananaFoo is an unknown quantity at this point

When i got my tint i was told 3 days. Just remember if you go get your car washed at some auto spa or whatever make sure to mention to the guys cleaning your car to spray the window cleaning solution away from the edge of the tint for the back windshield. I wasn't so lucky and some the solution got underneath my tint and now there are these wierd reflective rainbow waves.
Old 04-03-2007
Registered!!

marcuse will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by EggRollBandit05
I just got mine tinted. The shop told me not to clean for at least 3 days only got the rear 3 done so no worries about rolling them down. The manual they gave me said a good cleaning solution is 1/2 oz dish soap with a quart water and the tint guy said baby shampoo with water works well too. Also stressed about not using products containing ammonia ie windex
No worries , it will have no effect on your tint.
Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

slyy is an unknown quantity at this point

3 days....i waited 5, just to be safe...
Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

I3ananaFoo is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd suggest making sure not to get any solution near the edges of the tint. Otherwise you could have a rainbow effect. It just depends on the work of the tint shop.
Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

khanselman is an unknown quantity at this point

When i got mine done they told me 2 days.. which really sucked because I was driving home 5 hrs the second day. Oh, did i mention I don't have a/c!!! and it was in the beginning of August! I think they said something about it usually takes 2-4 days, but because of the heat from being august that it was probably safe in 2 days.
Old 04-08-2007
Registered!!

CGNY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by khanselman
When i got mine done they told me 2 days.. which really sucked because I was driving home 5 hrs the second day. Oh, did i mention I don't have a/c!!! and it was in the beginning of August! I think they said something about it usually takes 2-4 days, but because of the heat from being august that it was probably safe in 2 days.

haha i share your pain...got mine tinted in july it hit about 95+, inside a hot car after being in the sun all day, it felt like 150 degrees in there, it was worth it tho
Old 04-10-2007
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gearbox
hmm really, im afraid to use rear defrost cause i heard it will cause the film to separate over time.
There may be some truth to that.

My car has a factory tint of maybe 15% or less on the rear window, and I use the rear defroster all the time. Ever since I bought the car (Feb 06) the rear window has a ripple effect to it. It's uniform across the entire thing, so I'm not sure what's going on.
Old 04-10-2007
Registered!!

redrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura about

A note to all-

If you are worried about accidently rolling your windows down, simply unplug the fuse under the dash! Thankfully I did when I had mine done, cuz on the way home I wasn't thinking and hit the button...and NOTHING happened
Old 04-10-2007
Registered!!

i waited 2-3 days just in case

That thing about the rear defroster making the tint separate kinda makes me afraid to use the defroster