General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Headlights ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03EM2_EX is an unknown quantity at this point
Headlights ?

How do i get the the headlights to be like a blue color like luxury car headlights. is the whole headlight unit you have to buy, if so where i get one for my 03 civic ex. Or do you buy just the lightbulb?
Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

thisaintgino is an unknown quantity at this point
the light bulb. it depends what you want. like HIDs or just some reg blubs
Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
You have to go HID with projectors. It's the lens at different angles that give off different colors. I can't believe people are still stuck on this... What year is your car because I have a pair of A4 retro fit headlights for sale.

HID are illegal to use without projectors or reflectors that are not made for the HID bulb. You will get glare and less brightness!
Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

SOAD is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 7thGenerasianCivic
What year is your car because I have a pair of A4 retro fit headlights for sale.
Originally Posted by 03EM2_EX
where i get one for my 03 civic ex.
Old 11-19-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
HAHAHAHAHA, His username is 03EM2_EX and he even mentioned it in his post
Old 11-19-2006
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
hahahah.........omg..... "How do i get the the headlights to be like a blue color like luxury car headlights"

^a ricer is born

next thing ur gonna get are stickers...because they make ur car go faster......ahhahahah

on a more serious note, you can get them two basic ways.... the real way and fake way...

fake: buy some cheapo blue coated "xenon" halogen bulb (these are still halogen like ur OEM headlights, but they will be dimmer due to the blue coating)

real: get a real HID set up. (hit kits are at least $150)

getto way to go with hids is to throw hid bulbs in a regular headlight (like oem) they produce alot of glare n the light output will not be very great.

best way to go with hid is get a retrofit. meaning you take some projectors (that were MADE FOR hids) and custome fit em in ur headlight....and WAM.... you got the power [brightness] of BMW, BENZ, LEXus...etc...
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

AMontalvo22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Speaking of it... Where can I get a set-up like that? I have an 02 EX in Rallye red. And for how much?
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

Hendo_Honda is an unknown quantity at this point
The headlights nowadays aren't sealed beams anymore, are they? Used to be that when a headlight blew, you pulled out the old one and popped in the new one. Now it's just the bulb, right?

Interesting about the blue lights. I just thought it was a bulb. Didn't know you should upgrade the whole headlight unit.

Guess I'll stick to what I've got. Would clash with my flashing underbody neon lights anyway.
Old 11-20-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
its not the whole headlight unit, its the projector inside the housing you change. and the color is from the actual lens refracting light like a prism. at certain distance between the bulb and shield, you can get any color from yellow to blue to purple. such as audi a4 projectors on my civic

Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
well, if you're still interested...

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...=281280&page=4
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

Thanks for the info. Very helpful.
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

03EM2_EX is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
hahahah.........omg..... "How do i get the the headlights to be like a blue color like luxury car headlights"

^a ricer is born

next thing ur gonna get are stickers...because they make ur car go faster......ahhahahah

on a more serious note, you can get them two basic ways.... the real way and fake way...

fake: buy some cheapo blue coated "xenon" halogen bulb (these are still halogen like ur OEM headlights, but they will be dimmer due to the blue coating)

real: get a real HID set up. (hit kits are at least $150)

getto way to go with hids is to throw hid bulbs in a regular headlight (like oem) they produce alot of glare n the light output will not be very great.

best way to go with hid is get a retrofit. meaning you take some projectors (that were MADE FOR hids) and custome fit em in ur headlight....and WAM.... you got the power [brightness] of BMW, BENZ, LEXus...etc...
a ricer isnt born, i dont like stickers on my cars, i dont like bodykits, i dont like spoilers!!!! i just like a clean look like lower the car a little bit, keep my stock si rims,i dunno what there called, i would like to go with the HID headlights, a lip also. just to be clear
Old 11-20-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
head on to hidplanet.com and let the learning begin
Old 11-20-2006

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 03EM2_EX
a ricer isnt born, i dont like stickers on my cars, i dont like bodykits, i dont like spoilers!!!! i just like a clean look like lower the car a little bit, keep my stock si rims,i dunno what there called, i would like to go with the HID headlights, a lip also. just to be clear
haha i like stickers =]

specially if they say 7thGenCivic.com
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

tnel2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
i like women !
Old 11-21-2006

Originally Posted by tnel2005
i like women !
me2....
Old 11-21-2006
Registered!!

RainMan is an unknown quantity at this point
I Like Pizza!!
Old 11-21-2006
Registered!!

Hold on... please explain this to me one more time. If I wanted HIDs, What are the necessary steps? Because im thinking that what I only have to do is to buy projector headlights and an HID kit.

But as I'm reading the threads, like GEARBOX stated "its not the whole headlight unit, its the projector inside the housing you change. and the color is from the actual lens refracting light like a prism. at certain distance between the bulb and shield, you can get any color from yellow to blue to purple. such as audi a4 projectors on my civic".

So I'm confused....
Please explain this to me like a DIY.
Old 11-21-2006
Registered!!

I know it's a cliche- but it's your car. Do what you want with it. I've added machine guns, an ejector seat, bulletproof screen, and revolving license plates on mine.
Old 11-21-2006
Registered!!

I know it's my car. I plan to keep it for a while and I want some HIDs, but I want to make sure that they look their best. So I want to know what steps to make.
Old 11-21-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
If you want to be lazy you can always by some OEM lights and send them to a retrofitter to do them for you? I'm pretty sure there's a diy on here that shows you how to do it though. I don't like the new search query now so you'll have to dig a lil to find what you need.
Old 11-21-2006
Registered!!

tnel2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
i like pizza too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2006

Originally Posted by AMontalvo22
Hold on... please explain this to me one more time. If I wanted HIDs, What are the necessary steps? Because im thinking that what I only have to do is to buy projector headlights and an HID kit.

But as I'm reading the threads, like GEARBOX stated "its not the whole headlight unit, its the projector inside the housing you change. and the color is from the actual lens refracting light like a prism. at certain distance between the bulb and shield, you can get any color from yellow to blue to purple. such as audi a4 projectors on my civic".

So I'm confused....
Please explain this to me like a DIY.

if you have questions you can contact me directly on aim... ive done numorous retros and can answer ur qustions directly.

aiM: sl33pyriceboi
email: sl33pyriceboi@gmail.com

first of HIDs are a way of lighting. you can think of it as the bulb.

in a car, there are 2 basic ways... halogen and HID.

the best way to use HIDs is in projectors. oem projectors from such cars as the BMW, BENz, LEXUS, ACURA...etc...

the projectors that those cars use, ARE DESIGNED FOR HIDS and have optimal light output production.

the reason why if you buy projector headlghts (like TYCs or angel halo) and throw some HIDS in em, and you notice they dont have THAT GREAT of an output as they should, IS BECAUSE THOSE PROJECTORS WERE NOT DESIGNED FOR HID BULBS.

the "kits" you buy are just rebased hid bulbs. and most the projectors that are in these ebay headlights are very poorly made.

that is where retofiters, including myself, come in.... we custom install projectors (projectors from bmw, ben, lexus, acura..etc) into ur headlight....

we can either replace the ones in ur tyc/ebay stuff...or start from scratch w/ oem headlights and customize it.

and you mentioned about the different light color with the lense...

it is basically different projectors have different output and obviously made differently. in a projector, there is soemthign called a cut off shield....which shields light from going above a certain point, so you wont blind people with the intense light HID produce.

example:

now for the color flare lense question.
Old 11-21-2006

omfg........i typed like two paragraphs....and my cmp just crashed...POS.... ill redo it later...
Old 11-21-2006
Registered!!

Sl33pyriceboi... I emailed you. check your gmail.
Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

o0oWunCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL AT SLEEPY. Retrofiting lights but can't afford a good comp to not crash no offense. Just a random thought that was funny anyways sleepy i was thinking bout getting my old angel headlights retrofitted. How much would service fee cost if i shipped out my old headlights along wif
Bosch Projectors
Hella/Philips LVQ-212 G3 Ballasts
D2S HID Bulbs
Ballast Covers/mounts
Ballast connectors
Or how much it would cost all together with me shipping out my old headlights???
oh yea do you have a website???
Old 12-04-2006
Premium Member

i wouldnt really trust anyone here to do it, go find a real site that does good work, something like www.retro-solutions.com
Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

o0oWunCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree trying to find someone that does retrofit in charlotte nc
Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

trust no one to do your retros like Gear stated, unless they live close to you. hahah

THen you can solve any problems directly! ROFL
Old 12-04-2006
Premium Member

ya the whole thing is way too complex to have someone do it and send. you might have a problem with the install, it may not fit the car, aiming could be way off, the list continues. i had to take mine on and off and apart prolly 10 or more times.

Quick Reply: Headlights ?