General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

HKS exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006
JJJ
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JJJ is an unknown quantity at this point
HKS exhaust

well, I was surfing the forum for a bit and I was trying to find a DYI for installing a HKS hi-flow rear section only....I can't find anywhere what comes with this unit. Is this just the muffler or is there an exhaust pipe that I have to get under my car in order to replace and mount. More importantly can I install this in my own garage without taking it to an auto shop....plz don't flame...just trying to gain some know how!

Peace
Chris.
Old 09-06-2006
Registered!!

VicDawg has a spectacular aura aboutVicDawg has a spectacular aura aboutVicDawg has a spectacular aura about
I dont have and HKS exhaust but if what your buying says rear section only then it will be a muffler welded to a short length of pipe just like your stock muffler is. A full cat-back would also replace the mid-pipe. Anyway, it should bolt right onto your mid-pipe. Very easy to do yourself.
Old 09-06-2006
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, right past your rear wheels (if your going from the back of the car) you will see where the OEM muffler connects to the mid pipe, all it is is remove 2 bolts pull off oem piping, go back take it off the hangers, then take HKS put it on the hangers (the rubber ones) then bolt it back up, my ebay brand exhaust needed longer bolts and it didnt come with them. so if you so all you need is just long bolts with the same thread, and a big washer if you need to make your own, thats what i did and its been like that for a year or so now.
Old 09-06-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
I know for a fact you can reuse the stock bolts with the HKS exhaust. Also, check the gasket make sure you can re use it. If its in bad shape, you may have to get another.
Old 09-06-2006
JJJ
Registered!!

JJJ is an unknown quantity at this point
well thx a lot guys I think I am going with this exhaust I heard a lot about it throughout the forums

also....I've searched the forums but I could not find it....will the angle of the HKS exhaust conflict with my Xenon Rear Bumper...I don't want it to burn the bumper....I think this may be an issue...lemme know if it has been done before

Last edited by JJJ; 09-06-2006 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-06-2006
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
if it is get longer rubber hangers.