General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Installing Air/Fuel Ratio gauge !HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unforgiven_nite is an unknown quantity at this point
Installing Air/Fuel Ratio gauge !HELP!

ok, i am chep and i did not buy a wideband air/fuel ratio gauge...yet. so i got the narrow. so, my question is which wire is the oxygen snsor signal wire? on mine(and probably yours as well) i have a blue wire, two white wires and a black. my logical guess is the black is the heater ground and the blue is the heater power wire(12V) so im wondering....this is stupid logical guesing....which white wire is the high O2 sensor wire and which is the low, or ground....or how can i determine all this wires i guess?.....i hope this wasnt to confusing....thanks
Old 09-02-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
Before I tell you may I attempt to change your mind? People dont buy the wideband because it costs $250+, they pay to $250+ for what it can do for you. A narrowband gauge on this car is worthless, you just get a light show, if it has lights. If simpy for show tap into the blue wire, that is the signal wire, black is ground, white is heater power, the other is either another heater power or it is the heater ground, not sure. You will not get an accurate reading with that regardless of what you do.

A wideband will give you the exact A/F ratio in a digital number to the tenth (14.6,14.3,13.0). Save money, get the real deal, the end.
Old 09-02-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
not only does it just give a light show, it also messes up your 02 sensor.
Old 09-02-2006
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,161 Likes on 809 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
and the narrowband is quite annoying after a while.. lol..
Old 09-02-2006
Registered!!

ya, i got it hooked up and already i am getting a little tired of it....so where can i find a wideband for fairly cheap price??!
Old 09-02-2006
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,161 Likes on 809 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
dezod has it for 306...
or if you wanna go ebay mode:
$247
$187
$249.99
and it just goes up from there..

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 09-02-2006 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-03-2006
Registered!!

ctx66 will become famous soon enoughctx66 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by gearbox
not only does it just give a light show, it also messes up your 02 sensor.
Probably because most people install them wrong. You arent supposed to tap into the wire coming out of the oxygen sensor. You tap into the o2 sensor wire just before it goes into the ecu.
Old 09-05-2006
Registered!!

ya, i know im suppose to attach i to the wire that comes out of the ecu, but that is behinde my damn dash, and i know that will be a pain cause a buddy of mine had to prety much pull out the whole center part where the comp is located.
Old 09-05-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
lol

Its a lame mod!