General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Since when do JDM EX Civics come with IMA?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006
Words on a User Title

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Since when do JDM EX Civics come with IMA?

I was on eBay and found something that took me by surprise...
I was looking for instrument clusters and... saw this strange thing... a cluster that is supposedly an 04-05 sedan cluster, JDM... but it's... different... and it says IMA on it...
I just want to know if this is for normal Vics or this is just for the Hybrid...
Would this fit and work on our non-hybrid Vics?

Click on image for link.

[Note] Juuuuust in case: IMA = Integrated Motor Assist

Last edited by ramcosca; 07-18-2006 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-18-2006
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
i believe that is a hybrid cluster or something like that. i know gearbox and varner both have that. i think it is jdm. but wiring will be a pain.
Old 07-18-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't gbox have an orange one?
Old 07-18-2006
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
no i saw him selling this once. im 100% sure about that. also varner had one.
Old 07-18-2006
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light
i have that cluster but mines an auto

the jdm one comes in km and i beleive ukdm comes in mph i have mph

wiring is totallly differnet nothing matches up at all i actually need to find the plugs so i can wire the plugs itself into our harness it makes things so much easier..

i mean it will work with sum wiring but no one has figured it out and gearbox sed he wasnt gonna do it.

so when i find the plugs ill have a diy up for it!
Old 07-18-2006
Words on a User Title

That'd be interesting to see.
Old 07-18-2006
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light
yea i got the cluster couple months ago and i have a 01.. i plugged it in jus to see how off it was lol... my lights turned the tack on. then i blew a fuse
Old 07-18-2006
Words on a User Title

Is that eBay price good for it? Trying to see if it can be hooked up and all that... if that's do-able it'd be teh rule.

Last edited by ramcosca; 07-18-2006 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-18-2006
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

i think the auto one is easier to deal with becuase the manual cluster has the shift lights on it idk how that would work..

the cluster is worth liek 150 used i paid 60shipped for mine and my clear cover was all messed up
Old 07-18-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
its just a regular hybrid cluster. ya i have one and the problem is nobody has a wiring book for just the hybrid. i have where the wires go on the hybrid cluster, but we dont know what they do. i thought someone who started working at honda was gonna get it, but haven't heard from him.
Old 07-19-2006
Words on a User Title

Well, that one's at $25 + ~$20 shipping (was it?)...

Is the Hybrid thing on the service manual?
Old 07-19-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I believe the Hybrids have their very own super special wiring manual, Considering how much more electronics they have over a non-Earth saving Civic
Old 07-19-2006
Words on a User Title

^^
Old 07-19-2006
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

im getting the manual soon my friend works there i get everything for cost
Old 07-19-2006
Words on a User Title

Sweetness. Let us know, then.
Old 07-19-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
okay cause i have both service and elec manuals and there is no hybrid mention in any of em. and you cant buy the hybrid manual as far as i know. i even asked the dealer parts and they said not available.
Old 07-19-2006
Words on a User Title

Why do you think not?
Old 07-19-2006
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

yea they are available just not to the public but the dealers themselve have them and im trying to get my friend to get me one