General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Carpet removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda01 will become famous soon enoughHonda01 will become famous soon enough
Carpet removal

...no luck with a search...

My floor is getting wet, and I don't know why. Can't see a leak as is, so i'm going to lift the drivers side carpet (wet only here), see what I can see, and clean up anything the water ruined!

...HOW THE HELL do i get this up! hah.
I can remove the bolt, but how do I get the plastic 'screw-thingy' out from the foot-rest next to the clutch?

Any tips tricks for how i pull up the carpet from the pedals to the start of the drivers seat?
Do I need to remove the center consol and trim??

Thanks
Old 05-08-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Well you're in luck, as I just had everything apart today to find out how to do this (My carpet is wore through under the pedals)

From what I could gauge, You need to remove the rear seats (Really only the bottom is necessary, but I couldn't find the one bolt holding the seat bottom down so I just took the seat backs off, not hard), the center console, the side door moldings, and the footrest on the driver's side, and obviously both front seats. The bottom bolt on the footrest is easy to undo, but the top one... I didn't have time to figure out how to do it. It almost looked like a pushpin type thing, but I'm not sure.
Old 05-09-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
If you are getting water leaking in on the drivers side its probably from 1 of 3 places:
1. You have an actual hole in the floor under the carpet and its coming up.
2. You have a hole in the firewall and water is getting through
3. Your door isnt sealing properly, or a piece around the fenders isn't blocking the water
Old 05-09-2006
Registered!!

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point
The dead pedal is just held down with a plastic nut.

The carpet has a thin strip that connects the driver and passenger sides in front of the console. To completely pull it back, you remove the center cosole and cut the front most strip. Doesn't seem right, but that's the only way to get it out and what the shop manual says to do. I've done it and it is fine when you re-install.
Old 05-09-2006
Registered!!

Honda01 will become famous soon enoughHonda01 will become famous soon enough
See - but I have water there even when it doen't rain... mind you i do have rubber all-season mats there, so it's hard to evaporate - but i removed them and left it overnight and still some water.

It's ONLY on my drivers side from what I can see - do I need to remove the seats still (or at least those other than the drivers seat?

What's this strip you speak of... any pictures or diagrams would be really helpful - i don't want to go hacking at my carpet! :P

The plastic trim around the bottom of the door jamb - does it just pop up, or do i need to unscrew stuff, or remove anything?

Thanks guys!!!
Old 05-09-2006
Registered!!

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point
Only sources I can think of are rain or condensation from the AC. How much water is there? You really have to find the source, which removing the carpet might make easier.

You'll know what the strip is after you remove the trim and center console. It is the front-most part of the carpet. You'll be able to see how the trim comes apart when you look at it. There are plastic clips.
Old 05-09-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeff is an unknown quantity at this point
had the same problem. Mine was the fog light wire under the dash on the left side.( behinde the finder). Took like a week to get all the water out .