General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HondaSaurusLX is an unknown quantity at this point
2 questions

Would switching to a 16" wheel with P205 55 series tires lower my gas mileage over sotck 14" 185/70s? If so, by about how much?

What modifications can I do that would give me approx 10 more horsepower without sacrificing too much fuel economy.

2001 LX 5-speed
Old 04-29-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
you might get a slight bit better gas mileage with a smaller wheel. Slight.

lol 10 more hp with same economy. Well getting 10 more hp is hard and expensive. search around and find out that intake, header, exhaust does next to nothing.
Old 04-30-2006
I Pinch.

Sinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by HondaSaurusLX
What modifications can I do that would give me approx 10 more horsepower without sacrificing too much fuel economy.
Like Diskreet said, not much gives our cars HP for cheap. IIRC I/H/E gives between 4 and 8 on a good day. Yes, 4-8hp. Best thing to do is save up for an engine swap or turbo.
Old 04-30-2006
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
for about 10 hp, you can should get an intake, header, exhaust, and a VAFCII to tune it. you should stay at about the same fuel economy while freeing up some horsepower. go with quality parts though so you dont have to keep on replacing $hitty parts.
Old 04-30-2006
banned from avatar useage

luvvegas777 is an unknown quantity at this point
NOS sneaky Pete
Old 04-30-2006
Registered!!

HondaSaurusLX is an unknown quantity at this point
Wtf

Damn, I didn't think it would be so hard getting just 10 ponies.. Is it the old 1.6 liter engine that was so easy to get power from? BTW, Renen yor 4-door is hot..

Last edited by HondaSaurusLX; 04-30-2006 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-01-2006
Registered!!

SloCol-Vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
If you had a 5th or 6th gen its a little easier to get extra hp but the 7th gens you are better if you boost, swap (k20), or nitrous.
Old 05-02-2006
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
Even if you get lighter 16 inch rims there is mroe weight further away from the axis of rotation, robbing you of what little torque you have, unless you get some really really light rims, not sure about actual weight, the math is a bitch. You can probably get more hp getting some konig heliums, that I/h/E. But they are notorious for breaking, even though it is based of hearsay. And I gorgot you have 14 inch steelies, n/m. I would talk to some people who race or are really good at physics.

If you do not race, I would recomend getting the 16s for looks, and jsut be thankful that you get the mpg you do. Unless you have some serious motivation to turbo or swap.