General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

LX and EX stock wheels & tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2002
I spent 1425 points to do this.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
LX and EX stock wheels & tires

Did anyone notice that LX tire diameters are smaller than EX ones? even though the LX tires have a bigger sidewall, i guess it still doesnt make up for the smaller 14" rims. I noticed the dif using tire calculator. I'd like to buy bigger rims/tires but i dunno if i should use LX total diameter, or the ex one. I have an LX, and i assume it would be better to use the LX diameter- so my gauges wont be as off. but... why not follow the EX one? bigger wheels always look nicer [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] what do u think...PS i dont wanna lower my car...not yet
Old 02-26-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2Hondaz is an unknown quantity at this point
My wheels are on the way now. If you go to Whalen Tire search by your make and model, and when you find the wheels you want, it will automatically calculate the difference. I just orderd 205/45/17's and they are as close as you can get to stock on the LX. When going 60mph your speedometer will read 59.8mph. Difference is only like 2 revolutions per mile. So if you want the closest you can get, that's the size you need.