General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

99-00 TYPE-R Lip for Dummies (*NEW CLOSE UP PICS of my LIP*)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation 99-00 TYPE-R Lip for Dummies (*NEW CLOSE UP PICS of my LIP*)

Ok, I am doing this cause my PM is full of ?'s about this lip. In here you will be able to clear your doubts.
As I say to everyone, it is a TIGHT fit, I recommend buying the lip that is made of URETHANE, because it stretches with no problems and in order to fit that B1tch, you have to stretch it. Needs to be drilled to the bumper and also I used double sided tape in the front. You will need help from someone in order to stretch it and drill it. Any other ?'s are welcomed

Here is the link to the thread of my vic with the the type-r lip:
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=239003

Some **CLOSE UP** pics of the lip, so everybody could see it better.

Last edited by boricua_civic; 10-01-2006 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-11-2006
Registered!!

teg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trusted
your ride is great! i cant suggest anything at all everything is perfect except one thing,, if i was you i would get a sedan grille.
Old 01-11-2006
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
Awesome, ever since I asked what lip that was in the other thread Ive been doing a million searches on it. Thanks a million, your car looks great man. Keep the black grille
Old 01-11-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
hey okay here's a question that i guess hasn't been answered. so i know you're supposed to get the urethene lip cuz it stretches but, did you get it painted after you got it onto your bumper? or did you have it painted first then had it put on your bumper after?? cuz to me logically, if it were painted before being put on, the paint would crack while being stretched right?
Old 01-11-2006

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
It was painted before the installation, the paint did'nt crack, it was OEM paint though.
Old 01-11-2006
Registered!!

hdave is an unknown quantity at this point
can you please tell us where to streatch and stuff like that please?
Old 01-11-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
if you add a a flex agent to the paint before u paint the lip than it will bend without cracking
Old 01-11-2006
Registered!!

and where do u drill the holes and screws and stuff
Old 01-11-2006

Originally Posted by hdave
can you please tell us where to streatch and stuff like that please?
It only needs to be stretched once, first you drill, for example, the left of the lip to the bumper, then you stretch the right part of it in place so you can drill it too, you'll need someone to help you put the lip in place before drilling it.
Old 01-11-2006

Originally Posted by hdave
and where do u drill the holes and screws and stuff
Here's a pic:

Old 01-11-2006
Registered!!

ohhh i see. thanks a lot man

im gonna be trying my best to find that lip, it looks so awsome on your car
Old 01-12-2006

Thanks, let me know when you get it.
Old 01-12-2006
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
I also have a Polyurethane Type R Lip on my 05' coupe... and you're right it is a tight fit! I couldn't imagine how it would fit if it was ABS Plastic. I just drilled a couple holes in the front, underneath so noone would jack my sh*t if they tried. Mine is not painted yet though, can get away with it for a while since my ride is NHBP. Will paint it eventually...
Yours looks tight boricua_civic!
Old 01-12-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 05_ CivicJDM
I also have a Polyurethane Type R Lip on my 05' coupe... and you're right it is a tight fit! I couldn't imagine how it would fit if it was ABS Plastic. I just drilled a couple holes in the front, underneath so noone would jack my sh*t if they tried. Mine is not painted yet though, can get away with it for a while since my ride is NHBP. Will paint it eventually...
Yours looks tight boricua_civic!
can you please post pics of your lip?
Old 01-12-2006
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
damn...that looks reel clean..
Old 01-12-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Boricua, did you get yours at eBay? Caus most of the ones at eBay are ABS plastic and not Polyurethane..
Old 01-12-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
nm, found one, but it's like 50 bucks more xpensive..
I'm foking broke now...
Old 01-12-2006

hehe, they're on ebay and are a little more expensive but its worth it.
Old 01-12-2006

dumb question..what's the diference between abs & polyurethane? I know polyurethane it's more flexible, pliable so and so.., but if one's never seen polyurethane parts unpainted, how can you tell the diference between the two??

Last edited by cubanmike26; 01-12-2006 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-12-2006

Abs when you see it unpainted, looks like if it has a small clear coat, urethane in the other hand, is more like a flat black.
Old 01-12-2006

Cool..thanks
Old 01-12-2006

No prob, did you bought the lip or still looking for better prices??
Old 01-12-2006

I will buy it for sure..imo, it's the front lip that complements our cars the best..
Old 01-13-2006
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
I actually ordered an ABS Mugen front lip from my local Tuner Shop. But when the shop recieved it from VIS, it was a polyurethane Type R lip which was fine with me because it was obviously better quality and $100 more which i didn't have to pay!! I'll post pics tomorrow...
Old 01-13-2006

On its way
Old 01-13-2006

^at last, and please paint it, dont put it unpainted, hehehe.
Old 01-13-2006
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by boricua_civic
^at last, and please paint it, dont put it unpainted, hehehe.
unpainted is JDM=just dumb mike.

J/k, hadda do it!
Old 01-13-2006

^^ ...
Old 01-13-2006

It should be here next week..
Now all I need a rear lip, but I don't want to get the OEM one..I may get the type R as well and fit the fok of it in there wich is gonna be kinda tough cause of the two flares on the back. We'll see
Old 01-13-2006

Do you even know if its possible to fit that rear type r lip??

Quick Reply: 99-00 TYPE-R Lip for Dummies (*NEW CLOSE UP PICS of my LIP*)