General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

how to remove rubber that attached to air filter housing mount?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005h4 is an unknown quantity at this point
how to remove rubber that attached to air filter housing mount?

How to remove the rubber thingy attached to the air filter housing mount?
Old 09-27-2005
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
wiggle and pull....
Old 09-27-2005
Registered!!

2005h4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by againifall
wiggle and pull....
I mean after removing the bolts, air filter case still won't budge. I've read DIY (installing CAI) but it won't give you the detail instruction. Help me.
Old 09-28-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
If you're incapable of getting the stock airbox off, stop, put it back together and don't bother. No one that inept should be under the hood of a car.
Old 09-29-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Now there are several other bolts that hold the air intake pieces on the car. Once you remove those 8 or so bolts from the air filter box, look at the other 2 pieces of the intake and look around them, you will see 5 or so more bolts that hold those pieces on. You need to remove those to get everything off.

But even after removing the bolts on the air filter case, you should be able to wiggle it off the throttle body with some muscle. and pull it out of the other part of the intake box (the big part).
Old 09-29-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
yeah don't be afraid to pull. The rubber part attached to the filter with some force. The air filter is probably the easiest thing to replace in the engine so don't worry about it too much.