General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

MEgan Racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kubias is an unknown quantity at this point
MEgan Racing

Anyone here have a Header and Downpipe?? Did you use the Donut provided or the stock one??? Was there some smoke comming from the provided donut when you started to car the first time??
Old 05-03-2005

Also the one provided makes a gap between the bottom of the header and the top of the downpipe. The stock bolts are tight fit. the springs a almost completely compressed. Anyone please help????
Old 05-03-2005
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
you will always get smoke from something you installed the first time... well i know the exhaust components will make smoke for the first time because its heating up. for example, headers, cat, exhaust..
as for the megan racing headers downpipe, they should come with donut gasket already, mines came with it but i just used the stock ones... because the ones provided by megan looked the same as stock ones.
the use of wd-40 will also make smoke but dont worry, it supposed to smoke. give it like 10-15 mins til it goes away..
Old 05-03-2005

Anyone? Will the stock donut fit on the end of the Megan Header to Megan Downpipe??
Old 05-05-2005
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
^i used the stock donut gasket to fit my megan test pipe with stock header. im an EX and it fits fine. idk about smoke tho, didnt have any of that. ididnt bother to pay attention to look for it. my springs are also compressed fully... i had to cut few coils of my springs cause it wouldnt fit perfectly. meaning the megan downpipe is meant to go with aftermarket header than OEM.

heres photo of mine http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=210170
Old 05-05-2005

I put my stock stuff back on. I need to find an EX Stock Cat. I can't be driving around with it that loud. I have a Cop as a neighbor and a sheriff down the street. Not to mention that i live in a small town and i could hear my wife driving across town in my car with the Megan DP.

So if anyone has an EX Cat. I would like to Trade or buy it from you.