General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Interior Horn for Stock Honda Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CaptainAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point
Interior Horn for Stock Honda Alarm

Next week I am installing the stock Honda alarm in my ride. I'm a bit concerned that someone could reach up under the bumper and cut the horn wire. It just so happens that I have an extra 132db FIAMM Freeway Blaster horn that I'm considering installing under the dash through the alarm to add an extra level of surprise .

A couple of questions:

1. Has anyone tried installing a siren or horn inside (especially with the stock alarm)? Unfortunately I don't have the electrical manual so I'd need to know if there is a horn relay under the dash that I can tie into. I'm wondering if there is a way to attach the horn through a secondary relay that would activate only when the alarm goes off so the interior horn doesn't activate when you press on the steering wheel and blow your ears out while driving.

2. I spoke to one alarm installer and his thoughts were that interior horns/sirens usually **** thieves off to the point that they get destructive with the car, smash glass etc. My thoughts are since we have anti-theft radios that in most cases the person wants to steal the car and even if they are destructive having some car left is better than no car at all. What do you think?