General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

HELP - need info on matrix coilovers QUICK!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2k2civic should not be trusted2k2civic should not be trusted
HELP - need info on matrix coilovers QUICK!!

Sorry for sounding all frantic guys but I'm gonna be putting in my coilovers tommorow (it's temporary so please save yourself the post of "shouldn't have gotten matrix"). Anyone know if Matrix has a website or anyplace on the net where I can get instructions on them. There are so many little washers, I don't even know where to put em. If anyone put the matrix's in or knows where install instructions are available, it would help a lot. Thanks guys.
Old 01-05-2002
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not to sound like a *****...but you should have gone with springs. Coilovers will eventually **** you off !!
They are great for showcars, but for street performance...nothing beats a good 1.5" drop with Koni Adjustables, full soft in the front,
and full stiff in the rear !!
Old 01-05-2002
BAD MON

Booohahaha is an unknown quantity at this point
wat the??
u smoking crack
its way better to go with coil overs even though they cost more, it will be stiffer than if u get springs trust me i know
ive rode in civicboy's civic and hes got GC and i got springs and it felt different
even with my H&R sports ive bounced all over the place at high speed while hes was tight as hell!!!
besides if u dont like ur height u can always set it back to normal
with springs u cant
so there is a BIG plus sign over springs and u can always slam it down to the ground hehe[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
i never heard of matrix coilovers before but if u must then go for it!!
Old 01-05-2002
CMO
Registered!!

CMO is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok man I've got Matrix Coilovers on my car and I don't see what everyone was Bit*hing about. They are just as stiff as the Neuspeed sport springs that I used to have. But I do have Koni Adjustables on my car.
Old 01-05-2002
BAD MON

Booohahaha is an unknown quantity at this point
u just said
BUT i have koni adjustable
u dont count buster lolz
of course ur ride is gonna be stiff u have aftermarket shocks!!!
Old 01-05-2002
Registered!!

2k2civic should not be trusted2k2civic should not be trusted
Well, I'm so pissed of I want to share with someone. I tried getting my coilovers in with no installation instructions and ended up not getting them in right (1.75" drop with the BUMPIEST ride ever) so then I had to pul them out and put my stock ones back in. The worst part is that the threading at the top of one of the struts got stripped and the upper strut mount bolt stripped too. As a result of the strut getting stripped, I had to cut the top and re-thread it which means I had no room to use an allan wrench (to hold the shaft while removing/tightening the nut) so I ended up using vice grips on the shaft which means I left indentations which are going to rip up the seals and my struts should start leaking any day now. All this while trying ot keep it a secret from my parents. A whole day of work with nothing to show. Oh well, time to get my airbag suspension.

Quick Reply: HELP - need info on matrix coilovers QUICK!!