General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

When removing the interior dash, do you have to disconnect the battery?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
When removing the interior dash, do you have to disconnect the battery?

I lost a few screws in there from my gauge cluster x_x How long would it it take me to remove the entire dash, estimate? Thanks
Old 01-26-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Took me about 2 days, but a total of like 4 hours. I did not have any clue, or find the DIY when I took mine out. I had to figure it all out on my own. It isnt that hard, one person job. I lost a lot of screws too, well couldnt find where they went back in at. I would say a couple hours you should be able to have it apart. The steering wheel takes a little time, with the torx screws. They were a pain to get off. Unplug the battery when you are unplugging electrical. I only unplugged mine for the airbags. Find out how long to wait after you disconnect the battery. If you dont wait like 3 or 10 minutes, i forget what one, the airbags can deploy. There are also directions for hooking them back up. I believe DIYs somewhere. When you plug the airbags back in, if you have to unplug them, make sure you arent sitting in the seat. Just incase your head gets blown off from the airbags. Mine were fine, didnt go off, but I was ducking when I started my car, incase. Good luck, shouldnt be too hard, or too long.
Old 01-26-2005

QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
I put some screws in my CD Player pocket, and I didnt even know there were some holes near the back. I took a hard turn, and I heard the screws go bye bye I would need to remove the entire dash to get the screws?
Old 01-27-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by QBoi
I put some screws in my CD Player pocket, and I didnt even know there were some holes near the back. I took a hard turn, and I heard the screws go bye bye I would need to remove the entire dash to get the screws?
just go buy new screws.
Old 01-27-2005

I looked in majestic honda's website, and I can't find the specific screws for my gauge cluster.
Old 01-27-2005
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
hahahaha those lil holes are a bitch.. but no you should have to take the whole dash apart to get them back.. just the pieces around the headunit and the part around the lighter.. and depending on where they landed maybe the center deck thing(where the cupholder and shifter are).. theres a bunch of diys on how to do that stuff..

theres not really anywher for them to fall other than straight down.. i suggest just hitting a few potholes and seeing if you can hear them rattle.. also check the floor they might be sitting on the passangers side..
Old 01-27-2005
I'm The Ballz Of 7th Gen

MishBallzEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
next time....BE MORE CAREFUL
Old 01-27-2005

Originally Posted by MishBallzEM2
next time....BE MORE CAREFUL

Doesn't help me with my problem...
Old 01-27-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
At the Honda Dealership, you can get some screws for exactly what you want. Look on the computer they are looking at, and point to what you need. They CAN help you, and shouldnt be more than a couple bucks (still a rip), but thats not bad. You can try taking the area by you deck out, with the a/c controls and stuff. I am pretty sure they probably fell down further than that though, maybe your center console will let you access them as well. Just start taking stuff apart, and putting it back. If you dont hear them rattle, I would buy new ones. Rattling is the only reason I would take the clips out of my dash that I lost , but they dont, so I dont care, buy new ones honestly.
Old 01-27-2005

Just took the vic out, and yeah there is a hell of a lot of rattling. I really hope they didnt go too deep so I can get them out quick.
Old 01-27-2005
Got the broccoli in my back pocket

2k3kansasEX is an unknown quantity at this point
i would deffinitly unhook the battery cause the air bag!
Old 01-27-2005
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
yer nowhere near any of the airbag stuff so dont bother.. screws dont fall up so removing the whole dash is pointless

they are in there somewhere..
Old 01-30-2005
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
just try not to mess with any wires in yellow loom? I believe those are the airbag and SRS plugs and harnesses.