General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

does anyone know???

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004
Don't Listen To What Anyone Says, It's Ok To Be Jealous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DrivenConcepts should not be trusted
does anyone know???

i know this isnt related to hondas in anyway but this will ensure my free paint job on my civic. anyway

the painter i met has a regular v6 pntiac grand prix. some retard did a tune up and caught the engine bay on fire.

he then bought a wrecked grand prix gtp (same year)

how hard will it be to swap over the gtp motor??

i figured it would be like every other import where the motor mounts are in the same place and you can just swap it over with the harness

if someone knows for sure let me know. if not hook it up with someway to find out
Old 12-21-2004
Registered!!

4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light
Dude,

Pontiac is a GM product, not even close to an Import.
I don't know about the Grand Prix.
But I would bet my pretty penny that the GTP engine and the n/a engine are completely different...
I would also bet my second pretty penny that the GTP engine is not manufactured by GM.... I'm guessing Mitsibishi.... but I'm keeping my Penny on that.
Old 12-21-2004
.................................................. ..................

SIinthesky will become famous soon enoughSIinthesky will become famous soon enough
It shouldn't be too hard to do. If the original had a 3.8L then its the same engine. The only thing you will want to check is the mount on the passanger side (front of engine) because of the roots style s/c that mount may be different. I would highly recommend bying the manual for both cars and researching the sh*t out of it.
Old 12-21-2004
Turbos, Engines, Chassis and Suspension Tech

4drcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you are swapping the same type of engine into it then it should be a pretty straight foward swap.

4jacks> The motor is made by GM. You're thinking of DaimlerChrysler that uses Mitsu engines.
Old 12-21-2004
Registered!!

4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 4drcivic2k1
If you are swapping the same type of engine into it then it should be a pretty straight foward swap.

4jacks> The motor is made by GM. You're thinking of DaimlerChrysler that uses Mitsu engines.
Yeah my wife's neon engine is a Mitsu..

Ok I lost one penny...
I'm still saying, its not a straight swap

I'm just to lazy to google the engines .
Old 12-21-2004
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
just because ur name is hondasux, im not gonna tell you how easy it would be to swap a gtp motor into a gt
Old 12-21-2004
Turbos, Engines, Chassis and Suspension Tech

4drcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, nm. I thought he was gonna put a GTP engine in his friends GTP. But, I misread. It won't be a straight swap as 4jacks said, and will probably involve some custom wiring.
Old 12-21-2004

well the whole car is there including the wiring harness so i just figure i would just swap the motor over and plug the different harness
Old 12-21-2004
.................................................. ..................

SIinthesky will become famous soon enoughSIinthesky will become famous soon enough
You need the GTP ECU as well as the GTP harness. Axles are the same. Mounts I'm almost sure are the same. Not sure about right side one(pulleyside) The GTP comes with a digital boost guage that you will have an extra wire for unless you go to the junkyard and get the gauge. Should be straight forward.
Old 12-22-2004

well i have the whole gtp car so i guess i dont have to buy anything. are you sure everything else is direct bolt on??? if i start doing this i want to be sure everything will fit... also my free paint rests on me doing this swap so if i can do it then free points and rep will be given to all whom gave an input