General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Reseting the SRS Light in an 01 Honda Accord??

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light
Reseting the SRS Light in an 01 Honda Accord??

Hey guys,
I have a freind who is getting ready to seal his 01 Accord and move out of the country for a missions trip. So he's going to sell his car to Carmax in two weeks. I wanted to see if I could get his SRS light off before he sells it.

I've read the DIY
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=155251
for the Civics.
Does anyone know for certain that this will or will not work on the Accords??
If not is there a different sequence or routine that needs to be followed??

Also the MES Plug is not in the fuse box, which is under a cover you access by opening the drivers side door.

Here is a picture of the MES Plug in the diy, I need to find it in the Accord
http://www.7thgencivic.com/diyimages/srs_plug.jpg

I've located TWO yellow plugs that look similiar to the MES plug under the steering column on the left hand side, behind the fuse box.

I just need to verify that that one of these is the MES plug, they are different sizes, so I'd know when the SCS service connector comes in.

Also, The owner can't think of a reason that the SRS light would of come on, so I'm figuring, if we try this and it goes out, Then whatever malfunctioned is corrected, and if there is still a malfunction, then the light will simply be triggered again. Is that correct??

Thanks
Old 12-06-2004
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
common people lets help our fellow Civic owner his question is a good one..

Bump for the answer...

I think only the dealer can reset it with a tool I think im not sure.... I had a 2000 Camry and i had to go to the dealer for this
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light
TY Viper,

Yes, the Dealership has already told me that they are the only ones who can do this. Of course they think they are the only one's who can do it on the Civic also. So I'm hoping that the Accord can be done also.
Old 12-07-2004
Registered!!

bump
Old 12-08-2004
Registered!!

Bump

Anybody?