General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

need help

Old 10-24-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuzzylogic426 is an unknown quantity at this point
need help

today i accidentally put a dent in my front bumper. its on that little part that sticks out on the lower part of the bumper on the 04. i know theres better things to worry about, so i wont make a big deal out of it. i was just wondering if i could push it out?
thanks in advance
Old 10-24-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
on the part that sticks out? got a picture?
Old 10-24-2004
Registered!!

im at school right now, and i dont have a camera. but its the part on the bottom of the 04 bumper. i guess its that thing that makes it look like theres a kit on there (not the aero kit). its those little wing like things that pop out on either side (i guess thats how i could explain it? )
Old 10-24-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
Originally Posted by fuzzylogic426
im at school right now, and i dont have a camera. but its the part on the bottom of the 04 bumper. i guess its that thing that makes it look like theres a kit on there (not the aero kit). its those little wing like things that pop out on either side (i guess thats how i could explain it? )

i think i know what your talking about but the thing is i wouldn't push it out cause you might **** someting up worse lol. reminds me of when my friend jumped on my fender and i tried to push it out with a screwdriver
Old 10-24-2004
Banned

bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
take the bumper off and use a blowdryer on hot. Put a glove on you best working hand and heat the bumper on bothsides until it gets HOT (it will get so hot that the bumper will begin to look liquid like). slowly and lightly push the dent out.
Old 10-24-2004
Registered!!

would it matter if i wait until saturday? something happened, and i dont have my car right now (its a long story)

and i hope this doesnt sound stupid, but if i heat it up, will it melt the paint?

also, lets say that the bumper has a crack in it (i think i felt one, but im not sure). would i just apply touch up paint? or would i have to apply something else?
Old 10-25-2004
Registered!!

mradam85 should not be trustedmradam85 should not be trustedmradam85 should not be trusted
its hard to repair plastic but if you take your time with a blow dryer you can do a pretty good job. as far as paint if you want it to look good, take it to a body shop, you can brush touch but you'll be disapointed. by the way i've been painting for five years.

Search this Thread