General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Alarm system with extra channels?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bakuretsu is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Alarm system with extra channels?

Later on down the road I want to put in an aftermarket alarm system. Not only do I have a secret love affair with the "chirp chirp" of most aftermarket alarms, but I want to do some awesome remote control stuff just to be your local neighborhood's show-off bastard.

I read some about aftermarket alarms that have a couple of extra remote channels that you can wire into to control other things. One common use of an "extra" channel could be a trunk release, but as I understand it, there are alarm systems that have more than three channels (lock, unlock, trunk, extra 1, extra 2).

Does anyone know of systems like these, and how good they are at their primary purpose, which would be protecting the car from theft? I'm not looking for some super high-tech LCD remote control with a pager and satellite uplink that beams GPS coordinates to the FBI and then makes sure a hot pizza is waiting at the police station for me or anything. Just a system with bonus channels so I could use the remote to, for example, turn neons on and off (justify this as a really cool way to find your car in the parking lot at night), or do any number of things.
Old 10-08-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

shmik1 has disabled reputation
my Prestige alarm came w/ 1 relay.. and I had circuit city put a trunk popper on it, as for the neons, you can get a wireless underbody kit, I dont think the range is as good, but check www.theneonedge.com if you want.. (if I ever did I'd get the wireless LED kit)
Old 10-09-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by shmik1
my Prestige alarm came w/ 1 relay.. and I had circuit city put a trunk popper on it, as for the neons, you can get a wireless underbody kit, I dont think the range is as good, but check www.theneonedge.com if you want.. (if I ever did I'd get the wireless LED kit)
Do you have any idea how much I wish underbody lighting were legal? I think it's super sexy, but I'm not going to risk getting ticketed, especially since the cops around here are absolutely psychotic. I would definitely go for the LED option, though, if I were going to do it. More durable, lower voltage, longer life; I can't think of a reason why not!

I guess I could use the underbody kit in the cabin, although the side pieces might be cumbersome due to their length.
Old 10-11-2004

NoLeadEmSoMuch will become famous soon enoughNoLeadEmSoMuch will become famous soon enough
Viper 791XV- they sell a channel expansion mod for it, ends up as high as 12 I think
Old 10-11-2004
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
takumi is on a distinguished road
I believe underbody neons are legal as long as you're not moving, at least that's what the law is here.
Old 10-11-2004
Registered!!

4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light
I bought a no name brand alarm off of some foriegn guy on ebay. it was like $40
Came with four channels
Lock
unlock
trunk
Panic
Of course you can re-arrange these channels as you see fit.

it was pretty easy to install, makes a great doop doop sound, and it's been functional for about a year and a half...... no complaints.
Old 10-11-2004
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by bakuretsu
Do you have any idea how much I wish underbody lighting were legal? I think it's super sexy, but I'm not going to risk getting ticketed, especially since the cops around here are absolutely psychotic. I would definitely go for the LED option, though, if I were going to do it. More durable, lower voltage, longer life; I can't think of a reason why not!

I guess I could use the underbody kit in the cabin, although the side pieces might be cumbersome due to their length.
**** me too, a red led underbody kit would ****in rule.. if i could drive w/ it on, I'd spend the $150ish for it..
Old 10-11-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by shmik1
**** me too, a red led underbody kit would ****in rule.. if i could drive w/ it on, I'd spend the $150ish for it..
The damn fuzz

Can't blame it on the cops, I should write a letter to my reps every week until they change the law. Distracting my ***. What's distracting is people talking on their cell phones. Especially old women in Mercedes SUVs who think they're invincible and better than everyone else. We get a lot of that around here. Stay between the lines, bitch!