General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

My AIT Sensor not connected to my intake, whats gonna happen?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pnoiracer is an unknown quantity at this point
My AIT Sensor not connected to my intake, whats gonna happen?

I just installed my AEM V2 Air induction system!! and my AIT Sensor won't reach the hole on the pipe.. no matter what I do it won't reach it... is it gonna affect anything if I don't plug in the AIT sensor to the intake? am I gonna have any problem?

Also, the sensor won't fit to the grommet that comes with the intake... What should I do to fit the sensor to it?

Last edited by pnoiracer; 02-20-2004 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-20-2004
Registered!!

phatcyclist is an unknown quantity at this point
yes it will, carefully peel the tape back down the wires, youll get to a point where 3 wires are in the same taped configuration, keep going on with the tape, unspiraling it down the wires, and youll get to where the wires go into a plastic shroud of some kind. Discard the tape you just removed. Seperate the two wires that go to the AIT sensor from the other wires, and taped them up in a spiral by themselves, then repeat with the other wires. Its sort of long and complicated, but thats what I did. When I say tape, I mean electrical tape, duct tape conducts electricity, so you dont want to use it.

With the sensor and gromet, you need to twist the sensor, 45 degrees clockways, and couterclockways, alternating between the two when you push the sensor in, and make sure you dont push the gromet INTO the intake.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by phatcyclist; 02-20-2004 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-20-2004
Registered!!

ok I will do that.. I just covered the hole for now with tape.. is that OK? I think the sensor is too big for the grommet though?
Old 02-20-2004
Registered!!

Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

anotherlevel is an unknown quantity at this point
I had to use my stock hose and the one they supplied so there wouldn't be a kink in the hose. I also cut the hose at an angle so it would fit the angle it is at better.
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

kileryoyo is an unknown quantity at this point
I also have the same problem my ait sensor is just barely long enough after I popped a cable stay out and made it work but I will try that method you mentioned to see if that works.
Old 02-21-2004
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Not plugging it into the air intake will give false air intake tempature readings and could effect performance and drivability a little. But making it fit into the ruber grommet can be a pain, try a very little bit of dish washing soap maybe as a lubricant. Or if its like my Injen intake was i split the hose that the kit came with and sliced out maybe a 1/64" of thickness so the hose fit better into the hole. As far as the sensor reaching the hole mine fit perfect so id follow thier suggestion above.
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

aw ****! you know the Harness for the AIT sensor.. I cut the fukin plastic so I can fit it in the hole.. I didn't see that I was suppose to remove the long plastic thing from the stock intake! aw ****.. I cut it.. I am fukin stupid!.. but I can still plug it in though.. it just that.. I cut it.. it looks fuked up.... **** I swear Im so fukin idiot.. can I buy the harness for the AIT sensor at the dealer? I will replace it with a new one...
Old 02-21-2004
Registered!!

btw, thanks you guys!! I made it work hehe..
Old 02-22-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Awww man, I wish I got to your threa earlier. I didnt cut anything... I just bent the black plastic piece that is just on top of the head of the engine that kind of holds the wire down. And the tube, I was able to use the one AEM supplied but it was pain to get it on. But the clamps didnt all fit.