General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Oil presure gauge sending unit.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003
Turbo Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enoughRiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enough
Oil presure gauge sending unit.

Before I get into this I Want you all to know that I allready searched and read the DIY.

Ok I just bought AC S7 oil pressure,temp,and boost aguges to match my S7 gauge cluster. The boost gauge is a no brainer, and AC's upper hose adaptor made the temp gauge install a brezze but the oil pressure is another matter. I allready have a T fitting where my oil pressure sender was b/c of my turbo, so Im planning on getting a T and a small braided hose to go from the oil supply line to the turbo to the new sending unit. Can anyone else think of an easier way? BTW why cant I just hook the gauge up to the stock sending unit?
Old 10-21-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
The stock sending unit is just looking for an 'oh ****' value. Its not variable enough to work with the gauge. As long as pressure is above 'oh ****' the stock sender is happy. I think the most accurate way is going to be installing the T into the pressure port in the back of the engine. The turbo line may work, but it'll give you the pressure of the oil going to the turbo, not up into the engine, (I don't know where the turbo oil line comes out from) I don't know for sure if the values will be identical.
Old 10-21-2003
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
I don't see why not? Is it an autometer gauge? I'd have to see the stock sending unit to see what voltage it puts out.....
Old 10-21-2003
Turbo Member

RiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enoughRiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enough
The supply line to my turbo comes out of the port where the stock sending unit was. There's a t screwed into that port, one side conects to the sending unti the other side conects to the supply line.
Old 10-21-2003
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Good call boiler - I checked the helm manual. It pretty much says that its actually just a switch, and not really a gauge. Let us know where you install one, as I will eventually do the same thing!
Old 10-21-2003
Registered!!

Another thing you could do is buy one of those "vtec" conversion things that mounts between your oil filter and block, it has a port coming off it that allows you to do whatever you want with....
Old 10-21-2003
Turbo Member

Im probibly just going to T into my supply line.
Old 10-21-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
If you have the turbo line installed in the pressure port, its fine to T it in there. Thats where mine is mounted. I just ran a stainless line out and made a bracket to bolt up the T fitting on.
Old 10-21-2003
Turbo Member

The only difference is that my T is going to be about 3 ft away from where yours is.
Old 10-21-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

my line is 26"... it works fine.