General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Hp Gains!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
botlbobjr is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Hp Gains!!

What gains do you think i will getwith these installed:

AEM V2

Custom magna flow catback

And what headers are avilable for 2003 LX 5spd
Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
about 2-3 HP sorry welcome to the wonderful world of the ULEV D17
Old 08-14-2003
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light
yeah. . but if you put on the stickers. . 25-30 whp gain. . .

Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

Marion26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Stickers Love em addicted to them plus you can never have enough rice, betcha can't just eat one!! Boy!! I love that rice Give some more of that!
Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

Silversleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
Stop being ignorant, there is no way that a CAI, headers, and catback exhaust are only gona put you up 3 HP. Don't listen to these guys, the only way any of us will know is if someone goes out, dyno's stock, then dyno's with the mods installed. Many of us aren't able to afford to do such a thing. So, be a pioneer, and go out there and dyno your car for us!
Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

Dr5D is an unknown quantity at this point
hey silver whats with the pic in your sig?????

someone could dyno a brand new one when they first go it and someone else could dyno with mods already done, al long as it was the same cut.

and i dont want to tell you what to do botlbobjr, but the v2 isnt so good, check out the injen cai or the regular aem cai, and the tanabe rspec or the skunk2 are supposed to be the best for gains, just FYI
Old 08-14-2003
b y r o n : t i b u r o n

b y r o n is an unknown quantity at this point
NOT MUCH!! TURBO ALL THE WAY
Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by Silversleeper
Stop being ignorant, there is no way that a CAI, headers, and catback exhaust are only gona put you up 3 HP. Don't listen to these guys, the only way any of us will know is if someone goes out, dyno's stock, then dyno's with the mods installed. Many of us aren't able to afford to do such a thing. So, be a pioneer, and go out there and dyno your car for us!
dont be ignorant and assume they will give you more. they really dont give that much on our cars.
Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

tdiddy is an unknown quantity at this point
come on now, you can get at least 5-6hp.
Old 08-14-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
if you used all dc stuff, intake, stainless steel header, and tcs exhaust you would get 5, but depending on the company maybe a little bit and also the exhaust would probaly weight less so more in that area as well
Old 08-15-2003
Cracka

xtiszx is an unknown quantity at this point
but see, dc isnt the best,
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

How does the ULEV effect our cars
I thoght it was just programming and the cat

Is there any chip to get around
Old 08-15-2003
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
but see, dc isnt the best,
exactly so you have to be able to get more hp using better products, such as aem cai or injen race division intake, hp header and downpipe and tanabe exhaust plus whatever else you want to get vafc, pullies cam gear, im when it comes out and so forth
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
has anyone ever seen dyno of a stock civic and one with i/h/e on?
'cause everywhere i heard is like a max of 5hp from all those mods, which i think is pretty true, but has anyone seen a dyno for them?
Old 08-15-2003
Hail to the king baby

kjgracing will become famous soon enoughkjgracing will become famous soon enough
Intake and headers will improve performance spped wise.
Exhaust really did not do anything but change the sound.

Stick with custom mandrel bent 2.25" midpipe.
Don't go any larger unless you have a turbo slapped on the D17
Old 08-15-2003
Premium Member

i havent seen a dyno but in an issue of Honda Tuning it had a 7thgen civic with all dc sports stuff on it it said it increased the hp by a comfortable 5hp, it was the gold vic with black wheels like a year ago if anyone remembers it
Old 08-15-2003
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by runner1738
i havent seen a dyno but in an issue of Honda Tuning it had a 7thgen civic with all dc sports stuff on it it said it increased the hp by a comfortable 5hp, it was the gold vic with black wheels like a year ago if anyone remembers it
yupp . . I remember that one. Even came with the DIY install in the mag too.
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

old beater is an unknown quantity at this point
also look at it like this. if you were to run your car at the track stock you would get probably a high 16. nothing against your driving skills, im making an assumption here. you put those mods on it and you could go to a low 16 pretty easily. so if you are modding for HP then you got the wrong car, if yu are modding for sound...save your money and take your muffler and airbox off, if you are modding for speed then research and see what makes the best gains. hint..dont trust manufacturer dyno sheets.
Old 08-15-2003
Premium Member

if we cant trust manufacturer dyno sheets , they what do we trust?
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by runner1738
if we cant trust manufacturer dyno sheets , they what do we trust?
fellow civic owners? well, i got nothing against manufacturer's dyno, just that sometime they don't list what other mods on at that dyno car and under what condition.
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

old beater is an unknown quantity at this point
i saw one for a DP that claimed 8 hp to the wheels. but if you read the fine print "tested with a cold air intake that we make also". i dont think they would be a problem with big name companies i.e injen,aem, magnaflow. but you have to watch that e-bay stuff sometimes.
Old 08-15-2003
Ricerus Maximus

clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
Also on a dyno they might have the air going into the engine coming out of a refrigerant solution, much cooler air, much more HP. It's just not real world situations.
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

Is there any way to make a 1.7ULEV more like EX model or am I screwed all the way
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by botlbobjr
Is there any way to make a 1.7ULEV more like EX model or am I screwed all the way
not really because all the 7thgen civics are ULEV.
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by RedDragon333
about 2-3 HP sorry welcome to the wonderful world of the ULEV D17
ULEV D17? As aposed to what? LEV D16? They both get the same gains, and no it wont give you 2-3 HP. I/H/E Gives about 10 WHP on our cars, the same as it does on D16s. Oh ya, and whats with the ULEV, that just has to do with the exhaust system which he said he wanted to change. The simple fact is, so many people like RedDragon saw the fast and the furious thought that bolt ons would make them cool. They finally realized that they will indeed have to void their warranty to make their Civic fast. And they are bitter now. As you can see by this "2-3hp" remark. Anyone who says different is just lieing to themself. No offense RedDragon.
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by wonderz
has anyone ever seen dyno of a stock civic and one with i/h/e on?
'cause everywhere i heard is like a max of 5hp from all those mods, which i think is pretty true, but has anyone seen a dyno for them?
My friend has a 2k3 5spd EX with I/H/E he pushes 122hp to the wheels. I think he made 111 stock, cant be sure but it was 109-113 somewhere in there.
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by Diemos
ULEV D17? As aposed to what? LEV D16? They both get the same gains, and no it wont give you 2-3 HP. I/H/E Gives about 10 WHP on our cars, the same as it does on D16s. Oh ya, and whats with the ULEV, that just has to do with the exhaust system which he said he wanted to change. The simple fact is, so many people like RedDragon saw the fast and the furious thought that bolt ons would make them cool. They finally realized that they will indeed have to void their warranty to make their Civic fast. And they are bitter now. As you can see by this "2-3hp" remark. Anyone who says different is just lieing to themself. No offense RedDragon.
Actually i never bother with seeing the movies but from the research i got i found that the D17 dosnt respond well to mods at all. The last gen civics did better and you can ask anyone on this board. Not offended but i dont think you need to group me in with all the ricers who dont seem to know what they are talking about. I still stay with the 2 - 3 est HP because wtihout a true dyno and without know which exact items he chooses they is no real way to figure what HP whe should gain. Some of the remark was sarcastic because the noob should search but also try to inform that he shouldnt expect huge gains from that combination. Either way not much HP will be gained from those mods
Im not really bitter at all at the fact that my D17 doesnt make a vast amount of power, i dont bolt **** on because they did it in the movies nor do i do it to make me cool. I chose to bolt them on knowing the power im going to get because this is something i truely enjoy.

Last edited by RedDragon333; 08-15-2003 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

ULEV D17? As aposed to what? LEV D16? They both get the same gains,
this right here shows your ignorance. They dont get the same gains because they are two totally different engines. There is now way they can get the same gains. If you read what i said "welcome to the world of the ULEV D17, didnt say it was due to the ULEV, i just meant that the D17 doesnt respond as well to the mods as the last gen civic did

Last edited by RedDragon333; 08-15-2003 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

fuRiousVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
old beater: i dun think all civics can do 16s easily
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

VtecRacer2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Same gains??? LOL! How are you gonna get the same gains from two totally different engines??? I/H/E hp gains vary from brand to brand so i dunno how you are gettin 10whp out of that, u can put all three and barely even get 5 whp out of them. Oh and the ULEV thing, hmmm, what is the exhaust connected to??? The cat, the header, then the engine, the exhaust isnt the only thing that has to do with ULEV. Do you even think before you flame or does it make you feel good about your self, you should know what your talkin about before you make stupid remarks to ppl. I also dont think anybody is STUPID enough to go by what happened in "The Fast and the Furious". Be real man!!! LOL... Oh and no offense!!!

Quick Reply: Hp Gains!!