Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

the real fix for oxidized plastic lenses

Old 12-13-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
the real fix for oxidized plastic lenses

no, its not okay to use sandpaper and ruin your headlamp lens when this great product strips all the oxidation off and leaves the lenses looking like new with no damage to the UV protection layer. after using this product, you can seal the lens from future sun damage using wolfgang clear plastik sealer. other headlight restorating kits include harsh abrasive cleaners and even sandpaper which permanently ruin the headlamp covers. liquid products like meguiars scratch-x are better, but they should not be used excessively as they only help remove minor damage using fine abrasives.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PITTM...Q5fMerchandise

http://reviews.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T...00000000945494
Old 12-13-2008
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all
Re: the real fix for oxidized plastic lenses

have you used it?
Old 12-13-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

no, ive never had the need to. if you use a good sealer every few months, the plastic will look new forever. this is only for neglected plastics.
Old 12-13-2008
Registered!!

kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

what kind of sealers?
Old 12-13-2008
Premium Member

wolfgang plastic surface sealer.

if your lights look like this, the chemical i posted up top will make it like new. it takes away all the haze, yellow, everything that formed as a result of leaving it in the sun for a long time. if the lenses have been sandpapered and messed up already, it wont help.

Old 12-13-2008
Registered!!

well i already picked up a nother set of oem headlights and i want them to stay minty long time. so i will be using the wolfgang sealer
Old 12-14-2008
Premium Member

just put it on like a wax every month or two. i need new lenses too lo
Old 12-14-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond repute

dude...... i have some serious water spots, and some swirls where some dumbass buffed my car........ *** some people need to learn how to buff black cars..... cuz it sure as hell isn't the same as buffing a white or silver car.... ARG
Old 12-14-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I have some deep scratches on my headlights right now and was wondering what I can do with them? I don't want to sand paper them after reading your post, Gearbox.

And will I be able to use the Wolfgang sealer on my tail lights?
Old 12-14-2008
Premium Member

i use the sealer on tails, heads, and markers. any plastic. i used some plast-x on my tails to bring out the shine before sealing them. for deep scratches, theres no fix other than try sanding but it will never be the same as new.
Old 12-14-2008
Registered!!

will the sealer affect my painted tail lights? (im a ricer)
Old 12-14-2008
Premium Member

oh if they are painted, you really should clear coat them. then just use wax to keep it nice. professional 2 part clear coat works much better than the rattle can duplicolor stuff.
Old 12-15-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gearbox
i use the sealer on tails, heads, and markers. any plastic. i used some plast-x on my tails to bring out the shine before sealing them. for deep scratches, theres no fix other than try sanding but it will never be the same as new.
Thanks! I'm going to try the sealer out during the middle of this week!
Old 12-16-2008
Registered!!

jams002 is an unknown quantity at this point

how could it be this the real fix for oxidized plastic lenses,you tested it now??

wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

ill have to check this out..
Old 12-16-2008
Premium Member

i havent used it, but ive seen pics before and after. its not those stupid sandpaper and polish kits you buy at the store. this is a chemical that removes natural oxidation.
Old 12-16-2008
Registered!!

matt35foley will become famous soon enough

I paid some guy at work $20 to wet sand and buff my headlights and they look brand new Just get someone that does body work to do that for you, its cheap and worth it if they know what theyre doing
Old 12-17-2008
Registered!!

ovi44 is an unknown quantity at this point

headlamp lens when this great product strips all the oxidation off and leaves the lenses looking like new with no damage to the UV protection layer. after using this product, you can seal the lens from future sun damage using wolfgang clear plastik sealer. other headlight restorating kits include harsh abrasive cleaners and even sandpaper which permanently ruin the headlamp covers. liquid products like meguiars scratch-x are better,
Old 12-17-2008
Registered!!

is pastik sealer available at all autozones kragens etc
Old 12-17-2008
Premium Member

go its a specialty product for professionals, i got mine online somewhere