Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

Geico will no longer insure our Hondas! Read up!

Old 12-20-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang
Angry Geico will no longer insure our Hondas! Read up!

I know you guys can get kinda roudy so I am asking for some help.

I got a letter from Geico the other day. (See picture) They are dropping me from their coverage because of my mods. Now, I do not have that many and of what I do have, non are power adders.

So I called Geico and spoke to someone. They said that do to my mods from now on they would consider my car an "Exotic" and that I need to insure it as such.

So I called the lady on the bottom of the letter (the under writer). She said that "Geico will not insure any car with a cold air intake". She then said that it was for racing purposes only. I informed her that I am 28 and married. I do not street race. I even told her that I would replace it with my OEM air box. She did not care she still would not insure the car. She then said it was because I would still have the option to instal a cold air intake, and that was not acceptable. I told her that ever car made has that option.
We went back and forth.

In the end she will make no exceptions and will not insure my car. I have a good record and no tickers on it. I have been in no accidents that where my fault. I also pay my bill on time every month.
This pisses me off.

So I am asking you, Please call her and let her know that the cold air intake does nothing for our cars. Heck feel free to give her a piece of your mind.

Last edited by Alpha 5; 12-21-2007 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-20-2007
Registered!!

DelawareDon is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I Really Need Your Help!

How did they find out that you had these mods on your car to begin with?
Old 12-20-2007
Registered!!

d5685090 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow that really sux, but how did they know that u have a cold air intake? why would they have to know what u have under ur hood.

wow we thot the same thing lol

oh and it wouldnt matter if you did have a body kit or anything like that because if ur ever in an accident the insurance is supposed to repair to stock specs. i would understand if ur car was actually an exotic but its not. that totally sux.

Last edited by TRIZ; 12-20-2007 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Merge Posts
Old 12-20-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Hmm... thats kinda retarted. Post pics of your car please.
Old 12-20-2007
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

Hey MAtt,
i know weve had are dealings in the past but i have to say....
This is utter BS right to the top level!

they are completely screwing you becasue of a ****ing parts that puts out a whopping 5-8HP? WTF!

id be on a rampage buddie!
Old 12-20-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

To see pics of my car click the link in the sig.

I was a victim of a hit and run a while back. The adjuster looked at my car but I did not see him take any pics.

I just called her again and gave her some crap. She said that the pics were from his camera phone. She also said that if someone submits a claim and they have "performance modifications" that Geico will not honor the claim. I told her that "that was bull ****" and I hung up on her.

I am going to start looking for another carrier but this is crap.
Old 12-20-2007
Registered!!

you should have asked to see the pix. they cant deny you that. if they dont have the pix just tell them that the statement that the guy said isnt reliable and change it back to stock asap incase they wana see it. I believe that there is sum place you can contact that keeps all insurances in line, so maybe what u could do is threaten that you will go to them cuz they dropped you without having actual proof, based on assumption. thats if they dont actually have proof. . good luck. remember theres always loop-holes for everything, like ''coughlawscough" lol. hell if people can get out of killing people u can get out of this. good luck again.
Old 12-20-2007
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

i figured there was a reason they knew what you had under the hood, but besides that....i still think there is something fishy with what they are saying?

good luck
Old 12-20-2007
Registered!!

oh also, if there is proof they better hope that they have it on the contract about not honoring the claim if not i smell suit. lol
Old 12-20-2007
Registered!!

My mom has the same car as me, I mean we got them the same day. Same color and everything. So if they have a problem I will just swap the parts real quick. Hood intake and exhaust. Shouldn't take more than a hour and a half.
Then i will drive to the inspection and let them do their thing. lol

I am going to get in touch with the corporation commission, they are the ones that keep these big companies in line.
Old 12-20-2007
Registered!!

lol its funny when you can get around these things, hahaha i love the USA . well i hope everything works out and let us know what happens.
Old 12-20-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

damn matt, i know we talked about this last night, but im so pissed for u, im gonna try and do some reasearch on the topic, plus u might want to check your contract to see if u are indeed in the wrong... this is total bullshit
Old 12-20-2007
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

I'm interested in reading the contract. I'd say they need to worry about all the stupid ****ing teenagers and not you. Utter bs man. Isn't insurance fun?
Old 12-20-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

So due to her logic, the following is true:
1. Buying a DX and adding 10 extra horsepower = not allowed
2. Buying a Si pre tuned with 10 extra horsepower = good to go

WTF is that?
Old 12-20-2007
Registered!!

mogwai will become famous soon enough

I understand why they're doing it, but it sucks for those of us that just mod cars as a hobby and not for racing. Anyways, here's an Geico Direct article that was posted a while back regarding street racing. It's retarded.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...-pictures.html
Old 12-21-2007
Registered!!

insurance places dont actually care about people, unless they hurt their pockets, those bastards
Old 12-21-2007
Registered!!

WgnrNick will become famous soon enoughWgnrNick will become famous soon enough

I'd ask to speak with someone higher up in the ranks at Geico (who actually knows something about cars) or contact whoever regulates insurance companies. Sorry to hear this man. Just another reason I don't use Geico

Wagner
Old 12-21-2007
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Try State Farm. They've been good to me and my car.
Old 12-21-2007
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

Nationwide is on your side.
Old 12-21-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Geico will no longer insure our Hondas! Read up!

Geico has been very good to me so far. $60/mo for full coverage, with high liability coverage, and $500 deductibles. Now this thread has me a bit concerned that's going to change.
Old 12-21-2007
Registered!!

let me just say again how much this SUX. i was actually thinking about getting geico cuz they send me a letter like every week wanting me to switch cuz i have a pretty good driving record for being 23 , good thing i didnt switch, in my opinion they should just mind their own business, sit back, relax and have a tall glass of stfu lmao. enough said.
Old 12-21-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

Step 1 : FInd that Gecko

Step 2 : Tie his mouth shut

Step 3 : Steal that Gecko

Step 4 : Offer an anonymous ransom for that Gecko

Step 5: If accepted take money and let someone u trust return that Gecko

Step 5 (If no money offered) : Step on that Gecko
Old 12-21-2007
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

I have esurance. When I got backed into they had pictures of the engine bay and everything and it showed my short ram and all, car blacked out, and they honored it and i had the car back in 4 days.
Old 12-21-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ryox82
I have esurance. When I got backed into they had pictures of the engine bay and everything and it showed my short ram and all, car blacked out, and they honored it and i had the car back in 4 days.

see i now respect esurance. hey guys i had an off topic question hope i dont bother you but im going to the state reff. i have my battery light on and i have 2.25" exhaust pipes but i have put my stock exhaust mani back in there will i be able to pass if i have either of these things. oh and i also have an adjustable cam gear but i set it back to 0 degrees which is stock and i grinded the inside of the cap that goes over it that way i can conseal it and it just looks stock. do you guys think ill pass?????
Old 12-21-2007
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

My State Farm Agent could help you out. I pay $110/mo for full coverage zero on class and a 250 comp/coll deductible.
Old 12-21-2007
Registered!!

lmfao omg this is sum funny stuff, i looked above the first post and what do i see??? a google add for geiko lol omg its like they know were talking about them.
Old 12-21-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i would not even bother trying to fight with such a close-minded company. just move on and find something else. if thats their policy, theyre gonna lose out bigtime in the end. this is just another example of taking things too far. im surprised they can even change your policy like that. its like saying we're denying you home owners insurance because you have too much furniture in the house and it presents a fire hazard.
Old 12-21-2007
Registered!!

^^Best put^^
Old 12-21-2007
Registered!!

I found out that a good friend of mine is dating an insurance broker. I am going to have her do some looking for me.

BTW: The broker ferm that she works for will not carry GEICO.
Old 12-21-2007
Registered!!

congrats

Quick Reply: Geico will no longer insure our Hondas! Read up!