Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

help me convince my parents...

Old 01-04-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BLACKex613nin is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink help me convince my parents...

how do you convince your parents to let you put a greddy turbo on your car.... my parenets only fit is the warrenty deally.... my mom insisted on gettin an extended warrenty, and she says i cant drop it untill the car is fully payed off. but i have moeny for a turbo (greddy) and i wanna put it on my car ... i told her that the warrrenty wont be void unless they can PROVE that the turbo was the cause of the malfuncion, but shes **** and wants it in writing, then she thows" talk to your father" at me, and he loaths the very thought of modifying a "perfectly fine new car". when i lowered the car, i couldnt tell him, and he eventuall asked me why i lowered it, i told him to make it handle and look better, all he had to say is, "it had a perfectly fine, working pair of springs from the factorY" he cant understand why anyone would modify their car. Trying to explain to him why i am adding a turbocharger would make him flip, so.. im gonna just not tell him... so does anyone have any convincing that i could do to make my mother see that the greddy kit is perfectly safe for my engine, and that unless i downshift into 1st gear when im goin 80 on the highway myengine will be fine? anyone boosting have any problems yet regarding the warrenty?
and imput would be fine, if i was just one year older( 18 ) and had away better job, i would have the car payed off, and a turbo on there in no time, but since im just a small little "child" my parents dont think that i own the car, even tho i have payed every cent for it up to date, they still think that they own the car or something... parents suck...
joHn
ps sorry for the long off topic rant, but it just came out.
and ITS MY car, not my parents, I am paying for it NOT them (b4 anyone jumps to that conclusion)..
Old 01-04-2004
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Just save up more cash and move out. When you are ready for that.
That would be the best solution i could think of. Matter a fact, my Parents has negative view about modifying stock car. But whatever, I cant just move out and do whatever I want. I am defintly not ready for that yet. I am 18 years old too. Staying school is more important than anything else right now. I cant complain, My car is under my parents name. So my insurance would be alot cheper. I would be paying hell load of insurance if car was under my name. Just keep putting cash on your bank account I still do whatever i want. Lowered my car. My parents doesnt know anything.. I think my dad kinda figured it out. But too late to put everything back to stock. They will never understand why you are putting money to modify perfectly fine car.

Last edited by civicvtec1ps; 01-04-2004 at 02:31 AM.
Old 01-04-2004
Registered!!

kafyn722 is an unknown quantity at this point
my dad encourages me to mod my car, and my mom doesnt understand why we mod our cars... i drive an em2, and i want to trade it in for an ep3 in the next few weeks. my dads take is: why dont u just turbo or motor swap your car...and my moms take is: cute in a minivan sorta way, why do u have to get stick though, i wanna drive it.
in your case, tell your parents it helps gain power on the uphills and saves gas in the long run. lol, j/p, i wish i knew how to help...but good luck man.
Old 01-04-2004
Registered!!

EternalVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
just keep savin up till you are up age to legally make decisions yourself and out of school, then, work more hours/ get a better job, pay off the car, then you can say that 1) youre 18, 2) the car is paid off, 3) you worked hard for the money and have been saving it *like a responsible person should* which means that you should be able to do with it what you want. if they cant understand why you mod your car, youll never convince them why they should let you, no matter what you tell them, so dont waste your breathe trying to do that.

secondly, i think that turbos are a fad and I personally dont have as much respect for someone that beats me with forced induction because the motor is being forced to make the power.

think about it for a while, do you really want the turbo? or are you just trying to be "cool"?

another thing, im glad that at 17 i didnt have the money to get more power, be it a faster car, turbo, etc. i dont think that a person who is driving for less than 2 years is ready for such power. i know i sound like a parent(im only 20), but im just trying to make you think from every point of view before you just jump into something. sorry i couldnt help win your battle but i think my way of thinking is for the better
Old 01-04-2004
Registered!!

BLACKex613nin is an unknown quantity at this point
i love turbo's, all my favorite cars have been turbos, from the viper venom and the 87 GN, when i was a young american car lover , to the skylinegtr's and rx-7's, even one of my dreams cars, the bugattie veyron (which is quad turbocharged) are all Turbo cars, idont know why i love them, i just do =), just the way its always been i guess, theres n/a beasts out there, but how do you make an n/a a **** load faster? boost!!! even though i do agree that an all motor car that beats a FI car is very impressive and respectable, but i dont want to swap my engine. so, another reason turbo is down my ally..

joHn
Old 01-04-2004
Registered!!

EternalVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
what about everything else i said, mainly the first part?
Old 01-10-2004

silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough
dont worry BLACKex613nin, my parents are EXACTLY the same way. My parents think that my 15" rims( no hubcaps) is perfectly fine. They tell me that they co signed for a new car so that i wouldnt have to put money into it. I think its just parents. But im starting to save now, and when i have my destined goal of money saved, i will decide what to do. I say you should just keep saving and then print out info about the turbo that you want and turbos in general and get your parents to read it. Try and make them understand. The more they understand the better a chance you will have to get it because they will know the pros and cons and not just think that its bad. The problem is with my family is that my dad was a mechanic for 15 years and has seen it all so any pros i try and show him he will show me all the cons,lol. anywho good luck man. dont worry, your not the only one in that situation. Lots of others are too.
Old 01-17-2004
Registered!!

civic30 is an unknown quantity at this point
basically what mreezy said...

u shouldnt of told them in the first place, just do it. its like ur saying "hey mom im gonna turbo my car so i can drive a shitload faster and race!"
comon buddy, lets think about it a little bit
Old 01-17-2004
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
News:
He decided to buy Old 240sx as project car.
Nothing wrong with that.