Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

LED dashboard lighting

Old 03-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smigger is an unknown quantity at this point
LED dashboard lighting

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum and i'm posting on behalf of my mate who is buying a Civic next weekend. Will be the older shape one that came before the current model, not sure what mark or designation it's called but i'm sure i'll get up to speed.

apologoes if this has been mentioned before. I'm on www.mg-rover.org forum for my Rover 25 and have found it an invaluable resource of information and banter.

Anyway, my mate is getting a Civic and he wants me to do some mods on it for him including blue LED illumination in the dashboard and dials. Was wondering if this is an easy mod and could anyone give me a few pointers/tips? eg, what size bulbs do they take and will i have to sand off any filter layers behind the dials and inside switches etc?

Cheers in advance guys!
Old 03-01-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: LED dashboard lighting

yeah its not too bad, there is alot of room to add leds in there. you need to peel off the colored films behind the icons.
Old 03-02-2010
Registered!!

ergo.nasty is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats! For buying a new civic. Pls post your experience after buying it.
Old 03-02-2010
Registered!!

smigger is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers will be doing that. you'll see me popping up here andthere on this site. you mentioned about peeling films off the inside of icons? how is that done? i've never seen the insside of a honda dashboard and switches before, but i know the Rover like the back of my hand. has anyone got any pictures of this being done so i have an idea of what to exxpect when i get everything apart?
Old 03-02-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

the films can just be pulled out, they are held on like a sticker with adhesive on the back.