Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

anybody ever used one of these?

Old 12-13-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light
anybody ever used one of these?

I am considering picking one of these up. I have read many reviews and it seems to be the real deal. To me it seems like a joke. I was just wondering if anybody has had any firsthand experience with one?

http://www.jr.com/wagan-tech/pe/WGN_2045/
Old 12-13-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: anybody ever used one of these?

eh lol i got one over twice the size and it still couldnt jump start a low battery. i mainly use it to test 12v accessories cause it has a socket plug in it too. but otherwise its pretty useless.
Old 12-13-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

see thats what i was talking to my dad about. It isnt used to jump start the car directly...it is supposed to charge the battery enough to start the car...maybe its a fine line between the two scenerios but i was just curious.

I am just lookin around cause I am about to drive to the east coast in a few days and have been having some issues with my alternator.
Old 12-13-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i know, we let it charge the car for almost 30 mins and it wouldnt start at all. they just dont work. your best bet is actually pay some more and get a real jumper pack with a big battery inside. then you have no worries.
Old 12-13-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

yeah thats what my gut instinct told me as well
Old 12-13-2008
Registered!!

Dead2Reality619 is an unknown quantity at this point

I drive an international tow truck for a living and when I can't fit the beast into a rich persons driveway without taking out a few gardens and anything else in my way I use a full size jumper box and I have actually also used it to jump start a fellow tow truck.
Old 12-14-2008
Registered!!

Fox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond repute

get some jumper cables... besides that bs about "jump start your car from the warmth of your own car" is nonsense... why would it be warm if you couldn't start it (winter)? and in the summer it would be like 110F in your car, and you would want your a/c to work. it would be better in the second scenario to have a set of jumper cables or a jump box. but the first, you wouldn't be any worse off inside opposed to outside... IF THE THING WORKED.
Old 12-14-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

oh i have cables...but i am buying a jump box tomorrow anyways...im gonna go with whats a proven to work