Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

'02 civic gauge Backlight color?

Old 05-10-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jmin081 is an unknown quantity at this point
'02 civic gauge Backlight color?

sup - first post....

would like 2 kno if anybody knows how to change just the backlight of the stock gauge faces? its amber now, and i dont like it. any kind of help would be appreciated, thanks
Old 05-10-2006
Registered!!

kero is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't know how but welcome to the forum
Old 05-10-2006
Registered!!

05blkrs is an unknown quantity at this point
if you are not mechanicly inclined, dont do this.. but otherwise, continue reading.. remove the screws (if any on a civic.. not sure) in the guage trim panel, and remove it from the car.. this requires some maneuvering normally, but is rather simple.. next, remove any screws holding the cluster to the inside of the dash.. once this is out, remove any wire harnesses in the plug.. be very careful with the cluster, it is fragile... once it is out of the car, look at the back side.. if there are multiple small fittings that can be removed by twisting them, remove one .. these will be spread out over the back of the cluster.. either black plastic, or white or grey... once you have one out, if there is a light bulb in it, figure out the part number either via a dealer, or a part store.. these ligh bulbs are what makes the dash light up.. be sure not to change the turn signal bulbs becaues they will only look wierd because the cluster has a green tint inside of it, so it will always be green.. also this would be a waste of money..

this covers pulling out the instrument cluster light bulbs in almost all cars... tilting the steering column down will help if it is possible in that specific car.. ocne you remove the bulb, if it is amber, or red or whatever, you can google "super bright leds" and it will take you to a site that carries all sorts of led bulbs for all sorts of applications... any questions about this, or anything else mechanicaly related, pm me or im me i'm guitarist475 on aim and yahoo...
Old 05-10-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 05blkrs
if you are not mechanicly inclined, dont do this.. but otherwise, continue reading.. remove the screws (if any on a civic.. not sure) in the guage trim panel, and remove it from the car.. this requires some maneuvering normally, but is rather simple.. next, remove any screws holding the cluster to the inside of the dash.. once this is out, remove any wire harnesses in the plug.. be very careful with the cluster, it is fragile... once it is out of the car, look at the back side.. if there are multiple small fittings that can be removed by twisting them, remove one .. these will be spread out over the back of the cluster.. either black plastic, or white or grey... once you have one out, if there is a light bulb in it, figure out the part number either via a dealer, or a part store.. these ligh bulbs are what makes the dash light up.. be sure not to change the turn signal bulbs becaues they will only look wierd because the cluster has a green tint inside of it, so it will always be green.. also this would be a waste of money..

this covers pulling out the instrument cluster light bulbs in almost all cars... tilting the steering column down will help if it is possible in that specific car.. ocne you remove the bulb, if it is amber, or red or whatever, you can google "super bright leds" and it will take you to a site that carries all sorts of led bulbs for all sorts of applications... any questions about this, or anything else mechanicaly related, pm me or im me i'm guitarist475 on aim and yahoo...

thanks alot for da info.. i may contact u in the future for some advice
Old 05-10-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by kero
Don't know how but welcome to the forum
thank ya thank ya
Old 05-10-2006
Registered!!

anteater is an unknown quantity at this point
welcome and yes i agree, its not something to mess with if you dont know what you're doing!
Let us know how it comes along.