Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Squeaking and rpm bouncing

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
notabigfanvtech is an unknown quantity at this point
Squeaking and rpm bouncing

Hi I got a 08 civic 1.8 manual and it was driving normally I came to college parked it it was fine. When I came back I stared it and it was squeaking I thought it might me be something with the belt but everything looks fine and the pulleys spin like they should be. Maybe they dried out and need lubrication? Idk. It squeaks kinda loud inside the car but when you come out and pop the hood it's not to loud and it sound like there's some kind of friction somewhere also it get quieter as the rpms go up and not as constant. And I noticed that if I rev it or put it in neutral when I'm driving and let go of the gas it like goes down to around 800rpm then goes to 1500 then to 1000 and then down to like 600rpm. Not sure if that has to do something with it.
Old 10-22-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Squeaking and rpm bouncing

Is the squeaking a constant thing? Where does it sound like it's coming from?
As for the idle, take a look at this: http://www.ericthecarguy.com/honda-i...s-hunting-idle
Old 10-22-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Squeaking and rpm bouncing

Got a check engine light on? Got codes?