Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

New guy here questions about possible oil leak?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Esho is an unknown quantity at this point
New guy here questions about possible oil leak?

I just bought a 2000 honda civic hx 2dr and so far I love it always been a honda guy even though I don't know much about cars YET, sorry if I sound stupid but I'm still learning.

Today my cousin was checking it out he's a mechanic and the oil was completey empty, we filled I with oil and now its full but how would it even get empty? Is it possible that its burning oil? There's no leak on the ground or anything when parked thanks!
Old 05-25-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: New guy here questions about possible oil leak?

if no leaks then its most likely burning.
Old 05-25-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

You need to check the oil with every tank of gas. You need to learn how much and how fast it uses oil.
If you let it go empty, you are walking. And/or paying "the tax".

If it burned a quart in 1000 miles, then it should be completely empty by 3500 miles. Once it has gone super low, it is likely to consume oil even more rapidly from now on.

If it burns a quart per 500 miles, you still need to keep up with it.....or rebuild it.
Old 05-27-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Does the car have a decent amount of power?