Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Alternator/Battery

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CarGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Alternator/Battery

I have a 2003 Honda Civic 1.7L

My battery light came on a couple days ago, had it tested at Honda and said that it was the altenator. Replaced that and also the battery as it was dead when tried to start the car today.

So, the battery light is coming back on, mainly solid but will go out and flicker and then remain solid. The DRL lights is also coming on and off, will go out when the headlights are turned on.

Does anyone know what this could possibly be? Wiring?

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alternator/Battery

someone didnt know how to install the alternator properly?
Old 06-09-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough
Re: Alternator/Battery

Take it back to them. They definitely installed it wrong.