Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Removing Scratches?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Staninator is an unknown quantity at this point
Removing Scratches?

Hey guys I don't really know where to put this thread so I think this would be an okay place... Anyways I was wondering what the most effective way of removing deeper scratches is? I know waxes and stuff remove swirl marks but is there anything better? Rubbing compound and such? I get random scratches from the dicks at work because I park my car in the garage so it doesn't get broken into... (did last december) and they move around it and scratch it up sometimes. They don't really care. But if anyone can tell me what the most effective way is that would be much appreciated!
Old 10-10-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Removing Scratches?

if its only a clear coat scratch (paint is still there) then meguiars scratchx is the best at removing them. if paint is gone, well nothing will help except a new paint job.
Old 10-10-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lionsmane38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Removing Scratches?

Originally Posted by Staninator
Hey guys I don't really know where to put this thread so I think this would be an okay place... Anyways I was wondering what the most effective way of removing deeper scratches is? I know waxes and stuff remove swirl marks but is there anything better? Rubbing compound and such? I get random scratches from the dicks at work because I park my car in the garage so it doesn't get broken into... (did last december) and they move around it and scratch it up sometimes. They don't really care. But if anyone can tell me what the most effective way is that would be much appreciated!
Depending on how deep they are, the best option would be to wet sand it with a fine grit paper then buff it I would think