Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

rattle in cat

Old 05-08-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oscar meza will become famous soon enough
rattle in cat

catlytic converter is rattling i did a search on wut it was and found it was most likly the heat shield i also read it could be tightened back to how it was but i never found a thread where it showed or told how to do it

can anyone help me out plz

the noise is really annoying

and makes it sound like my car is falling apart lol
Old 05-08-2009
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
Re: rattle in cat

i had the same problem a while back.... I took it to the stealership for a oil change, and they just re-tightened it for free while they were under there.
Old 05-08-2009
Registered!!

Tokoyama is an unknown quantity at this point

the cat might just be messed up. I had a problem with rattling noise on my IS300 after i put in an aftermarket header and y-pipe, i had the shop weld on a cat before shipping it to me. After a few months i would hear a really annoying rattle whenever my car idles. Heres a link to a video i made when i found out what was wrong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiT5o...e=channel_page

i decided to gut the cat temporarily until i have time to take it to a muffler shop to do a cat delete
Old 05-08-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

its pretty self explaintory on how to tighten the heatshield.. jack up the car and there is I believe 4 bolts holding it together..simple..be careful not to break them as they may be really rusted out.. maybe u would just rather break them all and replace all four of them for a better hold.
Old 05-08-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i didn't evan jack my car up i crawled under took mine off cut the piece of the was hitting the flange and put it back on.just get down and look underneath its in plain site.
Old 05-08-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i need to check that. ive been getting rattles from under the car lately.
Old 05-09-2009
Registered!!

bakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the rough

I used to get this at around 3k rpm in my Civic...I just ended up taking the shield off because most of the spot welds had rusted through. It took a screwdriver and some prying and it popped right off, except for one part that I had to cut through.
Old 05-10-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

hmm mine feel solid already so maybe its something else
Old 05-11-2009
Registered!!

oscar meza will become famous soon enough

hmmm k ill crawl under there and see if i can tighten it back up
Old 05-11-2009
Registered!!

whitealexander is an unknown quantity at this point

just checked mine since its do rattling too.. just tightened it and its ok now..